sludge in turbo - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2012, 10:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
sludge in turbo

Hello I am interested in a 99 f-350 with a 7.3 and am anxious to buy one if not this truck . The individual let me take it in to ford to have it checked out before purchasing. It blew some white smoke but runs great once warm and is a very nice truck for a decent price$ 10,900 Canadian and has 270 000 kilometers about 168 000 mi. The ford mechanics at the dealer said it looks like an ok truck with the exeption of an exhaust leak on the turbo , and even worse they pulled the intake ? hose ? off the turbo and found some "sludge" in it , witch means i have blowby and they said to stay away from it uless i get a realy good deal. they however said the the motor runs realy good on the test drive. I Told this to a friend with an older 7.3 non turbo and he said that it sounds like the ford guys are trying to scare me away from it , these things are tough, they all smoke when cold and are not easy to kill . also if I do need to work on it this is one of the simpler ones out there. I heard of the oil cap test but is some blowby normal ? and does sluge in the turbo mean the motor is on its last leg or just that the turbo needs a service and cleen ? I feel sceptical , but also wonder how accurate they can be on estimating the life of such a beefy motor without doing even a comp. test? ANY avice to stay way or sounds normal would be greatly apreciated . thanks so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.