Still no heat . - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2012, 08:40 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Still no heat .

i posted up a thread a week or so ago i got a 2003 f250 psd 7.3 and a couple guys told me i was more than likely having thermostat trouble , welp i went and bought another 195 thermostat cant really afford the 203 right now installed the thermostat . i drove the truck to the store probally 5 mile from the house and about 2 1/2 miles the trucks heat gage went to hot and check gage light came on so i pulled over right away and it started going right back down and heat started to worked , it worked fine for 15 / 20 mins then when i parked it and left it running it stoped and wouldnt work anymore . it does the exact same thing every time i drive it. it also will spew antifreeze when i take the cap off after its been running any ideas thanks Aaron

Last edited by eastcoaststroker; 01-12-2012 at 08:42 PM. Reason: SPelling (;
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2012, 05:32 PM
Johnny Law Brown

your temp sender could be lying to ya and it sounds like your heater core is getting air locked some how pull one of you heater core hoses off and see if you anti freeze coming out
Old 01-13-2012, 07:01 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

he could pull the cap off and let the truck idle for a while and it should burp once the thermostat opens.
If it was me I would not have bought the lower degree if you could not afford the higher one I would of just waited.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgassel View Post
he could pull the cap off and let the truck idle for a while and it should burp once the thermostat opens.
If it was me I would not have bought the lower degree if you could not afford the higher one I would of just waited.
well i had 12$ not 50$ kinda just want the heat to work not really worried about it being hotter i just would like to have some warm air. im not to picky 195 is what came in the truck. but yes when i get the money i would like to install the 203 since it has a few benifits for the truck
when you say burp, do you mean after the truck has run let it burp the antifreez out the lid . because everytime im driving it i can let a little air out the lid and the heat will work , could it have to much antifreez in it ? Thanks Aaron
Old 01-13-2012, 07:24 PM
Johnny Law Brown

If your letting air out your system is cavitating some how
Old 01-14-2012, 03:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

blades on the water pump could be shot causing cavitation and air into the system
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.