CPS Recall - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2005, 10:45 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cool CPS Recall

Hey guys and gals, I have been looking at how to start a recall on these pain in the #%&*! cam position sensors. The answer is to report to www.nhtsa.gov. The more people that file a claim the better chance they will look into it. So take a minute and file then tell all your PSD friends to do the same. This IS how to get the ball rolling. Bill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2005, 05:23 AM
Gun Nut

Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
This is just something informational I ran across awhile back - it doesn't help with a recall it's more just fyi for everyone;

CPS
Old 10-16-2005, 11:59 AM

Talking CPS recall

I don't know where your coming from or who you talked with but I was directed to this path by the FTC and CPSC. They told me this is how to bring attention to a problem product. I read many post's on this site and others all complaining of the safety issue of the CPS failure. This is what prompted me to look into this. You can't, at this point get a recall from the point of a common failure. If you would like to bury your head in the sand and promote defeat when there is hope that we could get a better CPS out of deal, I guess thats your choise. This doesn't cost a penny to file the claim. This is kind of like the American right to vote. If you don't like things like they are, go to the poles and change it.

Last edited by Ramsmoker; 10-16-2005 at 12:02 PM.
Old 10-16-2005, 12:08 PM
Gun Nut

Whoa - take a breath Bill, my post was just as stated. Maybe you need to re-read it. I wasn't "coming from" anywhere and never said anyone should "bury their heads", or anything negative toward your post.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:14 PM

Exclamation CPS recall

SORRY!!! I didn't notice the link. That explains the text. I have printed every document written that I can find to show proof that this is not an isolated incident. This has been a problem for many years now. To me , the safety issue has just become the new basis for qwest for help. I have a friend who owns a International dealership.They love the biz created by this. I was a little passive thinking about this failure after warranty,but when mine failed under warranty and Ford refused to cover it because there had been a chip installed. Not present but installed. I call the Ford hot line for help and the district rep. sided with the dealer. The factory will not overide the dist. rep. Yes, I am very upset and I'm going get somebody on this. I was out of line for shooting at you. I missed my target. Everybody duck!!! Bill
Old 10-16-2005, 02:35 PM
Gun Nut

No, no, don't apologize, I completely understand. I only know what I've read from y'all about the CPS being a MAJOR problem and I'm with you on trying to get a recall on it. That's why I thought the cross post to both forums was alright, because I thought it was something both forums could use. I just had that site/link in my favorites under PSD informational and thought it might add to the post. I can understand your frustration and hope for everyone's sake that Ford does the right thing and takes care of this.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the information. I just submitted my complaint about the cps to the nhts. I hope it helps.
Thanks again.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:09 PM
Jon

Its been

going on so long and they dont even make this motor anymore so I think it will be hard.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:18 PM

Cool Cps

There is still warranty till 08 on the last 7.3's. The NHTSA responded faster than expected and contacted many of us for our views. That was over a year ago.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:48 PM
Jon

My truck

got its first one at 107,000 miles. I guess I can afford that. How about something for the 4R100 tranny? I still have my original but I know guys that are on 2 or 3.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.