Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

'99 F-250 won't start when warm

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  tschmitz 
#1 ·
I have a 99 F-250 7.3 PSD that won't start when warm. So far I have changes the Injector Pressure Sensor, used an O-ring kit from Ford to rebuild IPR. The IPR moved freely before disassembly, buyt cleaned it up and put the new o-rings on it to be safe. The injectors were taken out and checked for operation 1 year ago and had new o-rings put on them and re-installed. The original problem was feeling of a miss, but after cleaning the wiring harness connections with electronic cleaner, the long start problem started and now it won't start when warm. The local Ford dealer did the recall service of the Camshaft Posistion Sensor about 1.5 years ago. I connected a Genesis scanner on it to watch the duty cycle. After driving to the shop and the truck was warm, idle pressure was 467 PSI with 12%. When attempting to crank after shutting off, pressure was at 267 PSI with 15%. I am at a loss as to what the problem is. Any help is greatly appreciated, before I spend any more money and time waiting for the engine to cool off before restarting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.