01 7.3 leaking motor under fuel filter checked lines but no leaks - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2011, 10:00 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
01 7.3 leaking motor under fuel filter checked lines but no leaks

My 01 F-250 started leaking motor oil today it is coming from somewhere under the fuel filter assembly. I checked the oil lines and it does not seem to be a o ring problem is there something I cant see underneath causing the leak?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2011, 05:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

can yo post a picture of what it looks like? One of the HPOP fittings is known for leaking and is an easy fix.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I tore it All down and it was the o-ring on the so called non servicable plug leaking on the HPOP. I went to the International dealer and bought a kit Part#1842906C92 for the new servicable plug and o-ring for $52.65. I had to order the drivers side Quick release oil line it was $60.00 it will be there in the morning. I already rebuilt the pump and put it back in. i will finish it up tomorrow and hopefully it will be back up running! I will let U know how it goes Thanks for the reply!
Old 01-01-2012, 06:47 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I just discovered an oil leak somewhere under my fuel filter assembly today. Leaking pretty good. You said there is a non-serviceable plug there somewhere that is known for leaking? Can you tell me the best way to fix it as far as what needs torn down. Obviously dont want take off more than I have to for an o-ring. Thanks.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:19 AM

Go to dieselorings.com. Great site, Bob is great, and has lots of good info and instructions on how to fix it.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Cool I wish I would of knew about Diesel O-Rings.com

Yes I Agree Diesel O-Rings.com is the place to go! Great prices and the site is packed Full of helpful Information! When my HPOP went out I did not know the site and watched a Youtube video about going to the International Dealer and getting a new plug and o-ring. Since the pump rebuild I found the website and have completely rebuilt my Fuel Bowl with his O-Ring kit and I could not be Happier! Do yourself a favor and Buy his replacement plug and O-ring But while you got that thing tore down replace ALL and I mean ALL the 4 O-Rings and Non-Servicable plug or you will be back in there again down the road! There is a great Youtube video to watch to show how to tear it down that helped me out Allot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope this helps and Happy New Year Everyone!
Old 01-01-2012, 06:02 PM

Yea, as long as you're pulling it all out, just replace the orings on pretty much all of it. That way you won't have to again.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:20 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

How long of a process is it to replace the o ring on the hpop?
Old 01-04-2012, 09:57 AM

Ok just curious. Does Hpop connect to the fuel filter? Just wonder because mine leak pretty bad. But after clean up and now there is no leak found. I don't know where the leak is coming from. I looked in the valley and seen some diesel fuel so I assumed maybe I have diesel fuel leaking somewhere around fuel filter housing. Let me know.

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free
Old 01-04-2012, 02:33 PM

The HPOP doesn't really have orings. Has a gasket where it mounts to the block and few other things but it's mainly the lines and fittings. Same thing for the fuel bowl.

Does the HPOP physically connect to it? I don't think so, but idk. As far as fluid connections, no.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.