Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

bad shakes, hard starting, no power, extremely high egts

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  brian89 
#1 ·
ok, i posted the thread losing cylinders at random times, did everything they told me to do, bought the ford clips to fix it, even replaced the uvch on the drivers side of the motor, replaced the fuel filter and still it starts like hell, once started it sits there and almost lopes with no throttle response, egts at idle are almost 500 degress and if i rev it they climb to 800, i have no clue what is wrong, it used to start doing this and go away, now it did it and wont go away at all, i just started running diesel kleen and thats when the problem started, ran about 4 full tanks and on a half tank with it now, could this have something to do with it? im clueless, my next option is to take it to a shop, so any help would be much appreciated

#2 ·
bad injector? get a cylinder contribution test done and figure out whats not firing.. go from there.

#3 ·
High egt's usually means air in the system , its like running a gas motor on the lean side. What year and motor are we talking here?

#6 ·
Same truck as mine and sounds like a lot of the same issues ..Injector pressure sensor, its on the driver side , top of the motor near the front. Disconnected it puts the motor into a default mode so the motor would start if the sensor is bad . Only one side of the motor firing would be the UVCH (under valve cover harness) you can change it pretty cheap or it could be a bad connection at the valve cover.

#7 ·
What does does the IPS look like? What does it plug into? Color connector? And i ordered a new uvch and gasket for the side thats not firing, and i already replaced it on the drivers side, could it be anything before the gasket connector for the uvch?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.