Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Numerous problems with a 99 7.3L F-250 please help!!

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Dietoremain 
#1 ·
Im new into the ford diesels ive always owned cummins. Just went to the PSD when i saw everything my buddy was doing with his so i dont know these motors. At first when I got the truck it wouldn't run over 40-45 mph. Filled it up with diesel and it went to running higher speeds. But it has a bad shake and shutter at anything below 1500 RPM. I checked the UVCH they seemed to be plugged in fine to me. It still has the bad miss at anything under 1500 above that rpm it seems to clear up? Please help with this problem I don't know if it's the injectors? Or something wrong with the rings? Also can someone explain injector cups?

Also the other problem it has is it is building up pressure on the cooling system. It is building up steam in the resisivor bottle and it's cracking every bottle I put on it. I'm running out of money replacing these bottles. I replaced the thermostat and it's still doing it. Someone anyone had the same problem?

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks god bless:icon_ford:

#3 ·
Ut oh... I hope you didnt pay too much for this truck... pressurizing cooling systems usually only mean one thing... a blown head gasket.. is there any coolant in your oil?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.