What do you think? slowly running rougher after idm change - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2011, 08:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What do you think? slowly running rougher after idm change

Hello,I have a e99 f250 in stock form with 250k. I changed out my idm last week becasue it had water damage and wouldnt start. I went with a used 120v vs the 110v that was in it (e99). truck ran great, heads up display was saying 21.5mpg. after 25 miles i noticed the milage drop to 19, no biggy. I then filled up and truck ran the same. Next day I made a 100 mile trip to work and 30miles into it, when i had to stop for a stop sign I noticed a chugging-rough idle under 1000rpms. It kept getting worse, shakes the whole truck cold or hot. Its not random chug, has a rythem. No check engine light either. Blows alot of white smoke on start up. I first thought bad fuel so I drained and dropped fuel tank, cleaned pick up screens, changed fuel filter. New fuel and no change, unplugged icp, no change. cleaned ebvp hose it was super dirty but that didnt help. It is also getting harder to start. It has to spin over longer before it fires each time i start it, very similar to when my old idm was failing. Havnt changed cps but I do know its light gray and my tach works. I dont have fuel pressure gauge, nor a scan tool. I do have scanxl but not the ford program to read ford codes.
My question is to everybody, do you think the used idm i put in is failing already? I'm having a hard time beliving that something else randomly failed but then again what do i know.

Last edited by Lowbuckskidoo; 07-28-2011 at 08:11 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.