Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Rough idle at start - Very low power driving...

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  JoshHernz 
#1 ·
I recently bought an 03 F350 7.3 completely stock. In the past month of owning it, I added a K&N intake, Flo Pro exhaust, Edge Evolution CS w/Attitude and a lift. Have had no issues with any of the equipment, or the truck at all in general until today. Today I dropped the truck off to get washed, when I picked it up and turned it on, it idled horribly for about 5 seconds and then smoothed out. I drove home and it just didn't seem to feel the same, so I pulled my programmer out and ran it on Fusion to see if any updates were available, it updated and I reinstalled it. Now, on any level setting on the programmer it drives with the amount of power that I would expect more from stock. I understand running 37's it will lose some power, but even at stock it should be able to move better. ANY ideas what could possibly have gone wrong? All they did was wash the damn thing, how could it possibly have gotten messed up? :dunno:

#3 ·
Figured it out... The connector at the Juice module got water in it somehow. They didn't clean the engine compartment, but water got in it and fried the module. There are two rubber grommets in the plug which makes it seem like it's supposed to be water resistant enough to withstand a cleaning... Time to call Edge tomorrow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.