01 F250 engine oil pressure - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2011, 03:43 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
01 F250 engine oil pressure

Have an 01 F250 with a 7.3 I bought as a fix up that is turning into a nightmare. Only has 113000 miles on it. Just got it home from body shop and have only put 600 miles on since I got it. Took it to a family gathering 60 miles away yesterday. Stopped on the way home to get some food, got back on highway and oil pressure drops down to below white line AND light on. After 2 miles of flickering light and jumpy gauge it came up but was jerky. Oil level OK, changed oil 600 miles ago with 15W40. Found out after hard acceleraion it comes on momentarily then off again. Even in park if you hold the RPM's up it drops lower. Aren't the light and the gauge on 2 seperate sender units or switches? Maybe a plugged suction screen or junk in pan? The oil was really crappy when I changed it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2011, 08:18 PM

I found out the light next to the oil gauge is for water temp and oil pressure warnng. I unplugged the oil sender and started the engine and the light stayed on and the gauge stayed at zero, so apparently the sender operates both or they're connected somehow. I put in a new sender so I'll give that a try.
Why does it seem I always end up answering my own questions on here? Not enough interest or experts on these trucks?

Last edited by dragon71; 09-04-2011 at 09:17 PM.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:37 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have the same exact problem with my 01 F350 7.3. It just happened to me today, that's why I am on here right now. No luck so far?????
Old 08-27-2011, 06:50 PM
WNY Biodiesel Co-op

I would plumb in a mechanical gauge to verify if you have any oil pressure or not.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks, I am new to the forum and to diesels trucks so I am pretty lost with these engines.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:16 PM

I replaced the sender and it seems ok now, but when it's cold at idle the pressure is ok. Step on the gas and the pressure goes down some, but after you let off it comes back up. When warm it never drops down past 3/4 position. I wonder if there is a filter bypass or pressure regulator to check out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.