Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: billerica MA
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
NO start problem 7.3l
hi guys i need some help on this. my brother 2001 f350 wont start. well first off it die twice and the fuel light was on so he put fuel in and the truck did not start back up. the next morning i went down there turn the key truck started up ran fine??? drove the truck home parked in the driveway came out later to leave started up ran fine for five mins or soo and then started to run bad and died. now it cranks fires but wont stay running???
thing that i have done and checked soo far
1. put new fuel fillter in with a little 911 in case theres water in the thanks had this happen one over the winter and he had water in the fuel.
2. i put a new cks sensor in i know there comming to go bad.
3. took a fuel sample from draing the fillter and found a little water after sitting for 30 mins
4. it has a new high persure oil sensor in it went bad and started leaking 2 months ago.
5. oil level is good and oil gauge jumps right up to middle when cranking.
6. when crank and firing white smoke comes out of the exhaust pipe.
7. no codes to help diag problem
truck also have a php chip and the banks 6 gun programer and it has 230k on it thanks for the help