01 7.3 trouble with wireing and trans - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2011, 11:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
01 7.3 trouble with wireing and trans

im havin the same problem with my truck i just bought a 01 f350 C/C LB 4x4 with 320k and it drove fine for about 900 miles and then i started havin problems with my transmission so i took it to a tranny guy and he told me that i have some kinda wiring problem tthe truck was makin his scanner act crazy....so i took it to ford and told them about what the guy told me about the wiring problem and they never gave me a straight answer about it being a wiring problem... they gave me a code print out and i got a few codes and one said injection control pressure sensor circuit low.... my buddie told me its the injection pump... but my dad told me that 99 to 03 7.3 didnt have injection pump it has a heui injection system to where the injectors are there own pump...or somethin like that... is this true or not... these are the codes that showed up.... im young and just getting into diesels... so anything helps thank you very much

P0603 Internal Control Module KAM Error

P0732 Gear Two Ratio Error

P0781 1-2 Shift Malfunction

P1211 ICP Not Controllable - Pressure Abow/Below Desired

P1280 ICP Circuit Out of Range Low
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2011, 10:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Internal Pressure control sensor may be your culprit.Easy fix as ford has redesigned it.Have a look first.Looking in from front of truck locate fuel filter housing.Ok. To your right semi down in the vally at right front head looking at it you will see a sensor at a 45 degree inside the valley.It has three wires going into the connector.Unplug it at see if you have any form of engine oil ont the terminal connectors.This is usually a straight forward visual check as if you have oil on the terminals it will not work correctly.
Your father is right their is no mechanical injector pump on a 7.3 In Direct Injection engine. Fuel pressure is governed by your high pressure oil pump and resivouir that sit in front of the fuel filter housing.Do not put an aftermarket ICP sensor as i have found them to only last a few months.Ford has redesigned it and i have never had a problem. Hope this helps..
Old 05-05-2011, 12:02 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yes sir very much so I really appreciate it I just went outside and checked... It has oil in it... Do I have to tap into the wiring harness to replace it??? And a couple
more things do you have any idea about what that icm kam error code might be and every since I got the truck in the mornin when I fire it up it shakes and blowin white smoke until it warms up... Then it runs fine.... They guy told me glow plugs were out so I changed all of them and it's the same problem.... But if I leave my trick plugged in it fires up perfect in the mornin do you have any ideas about these problems... Thanks for all the help
Old 05-07-2011, 03:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Usually white smoke is a timing issue in diesel engines however there may be a couple of other factors to consider.The ICP sensor at start up can give you a rough idle espically when engine is cold.What that sensor does is monitor the High Pressure oil from your High Pressure oil pump that governs when to fire the injectors.As far as the harness that goes to that sensor just take some electrical contact cleaner and give it a couple of sprays and let it dry off well before reconnecting to the new installed sensor.Do not have the key on position while doing this as it could short.To be safe remove battery terminals.Give it a good cleaning and visually inspect the terminals spade connectors to se if one may be broken.The electrical contact cleaner you can find at any autozone etc.
You are probally need a crow foot wrench to install the sensor.That sensor runs about $220-250.Its pricy but its governs alot.Iwould definatly do this before looking at injectors injector drive module etc.Let me know how you fair out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.