01 7.3 Powerstroke starts fine cold; after 10minutes then MIL on and runs rough.
New to site, and new to working on diesels. Have read forum last few weeks, but still no luck. Here’s the story:
Starts fine in morning and runs well. Then after 10 minutes/5miles, the MIL "service engine soon" light on and runs rough. Next day same thing, repeated this 3 times in a row now. 4 hours later (lunch) still runs rough with MIL, and 6 hours (go home) still rough with MIL. Try OBDII scan, but no codes, even tried while running and MIL came on, but still no codes.
Van is 2001 E350 7.3 Powerstroke Turbo Diesel. It has had Biodiesel conversion added, and run B20 sometimes. It did break down on me a couple months ago. Think out of fuel, but still 1/8 on gauge. Filling and starting took 30 minutes to get it going. Opened fuel filter housing, and put back together. Been running rough (when warm) ever since.
After looking at forum, have many ideas, but can someone help narrow and prioritize this list?
- Air in Fuel Lines: ran 30 miles with no improvement, runs good cold. Would a air leak match with symptoms.
- Valve Harness UVCH(under valve cover harness): nothing tried here yet
- Valve Cover plug: nothing tried here yet
- CPS (Cam Position Sensor Recall 07S57): mine already replaced.
- HPOP high pressure oil pump: checked oil and with ¾” to top, ran with nut slightly cracked and a little oil comes out; oil tank level good
- IPR Injector Pressure Relay: nothing tried here yet, but sounds like this was fix to similar symptoms from others
- MAP Manifold Absolute Pressure: idle to full throttle is 30in to 50in (same when MIL on or off)
- ICP Injection Control Pressure sensor: nothing tried yet here
- Fuel Additive: just put some in tank about 15 miles ago