Join Date: Apr 2011
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My truck died trying to fix quick on the road
My 1999 F250 7.3L - Drove to Missouri to pick up a trailer and made it 10 miles on the way back home to Michigan. Stop to eat and when we came back the truck won't start. These are the symptoms and what I've tried.
- Engine spins fast
- No wait to start light but I don't remember one - previous owner bypassed the glow plug system and has a switch on the dash to run them
- No smoke from tailpipe
- Remove fuel bowl cover turned key and no fuel pumping to bowl
- Ran wires direct to the pump and it works
- When pump is wired direct truck still doesn't start
- No RPMs on gauge when cranking
Any ideas what else I should check or what it might be? Truck was running perfect and getting great mileage before this happened.