Truck stalling all the time - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2011, 05:18 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 350dieselsmk
Truck stalling all the time

hey guys. not sure what is going on here.
the other day i was driving my truck for about a half hour, shut it off to visit a friend and when i got back out about 10 minutes later it started fine but stalled about three times in a row when i shifted into gear and there was an SES light. after the third time it drove fine. i stopped in a cvs parking lot for about a half hour and when i got backto the truck it would not start at all. it would crank and drank and i wasnt even getting white smoke out of the stacks like i do on cold mornings when it takes a while to start. well it finally started after sitting for a while longer with some cranking. i went across the street to the gas station thinking maybe it was a diesel issue. the truckl stalled again half way thru filling it up but started right up fine. after stalling in a parking lot three more times it stayed running and i drove 15 miles home no problem. now about a half hour ago (monday night) i went to get beer and it stalled twice but didnt show an SES light. i plugged my SDT into the truck and pulled six code. i am in the process of looking all of them up but i figured i would post them incase anyone knows off the tops of thier heads. or any thing that might be causing this.
CODES:
p0107
p0670
p0603
p0344
p0340
p0407
-not sure if all of these are from that one incident but who knows
Thanks guys
Will
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2011, 06:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

CPS maybe you can try that.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

p0340 is Cps related
Old 03-28-2011, 07:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

EgR Or Map sensors too I had the same problem with mine i replaced the CPS firs then the ICP and the map sensor last and that did the trick and now 4 of my injectors are bad.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecastle View Post
EgR Or Map sensors too I had the same problem with mine i replaced the CPS firs then the ICP and the map sensor last and that did the trick and now 4 of my injectors are bad.
dont have an EGR. look into the cps. would it still be under recall if i havnt had it replaced yet?
Old 03-28-2011, 08:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

not sure at all. for 25 bucks you could do it yourself not that hard of an install.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

350dieselsmk....found out last week that there was a cam shaft sensor recall from Ford from 2001-2009....that related to vehicles stalling for no known reason.....most of who I talked with...this was the fix for them at no cost.....all Ford Dealers will NOT inform you of a recall unless you ask.....hope this works if you haven't already got the fix.......wrpdjp
Old 04-01-2011, 08:34 PM

So i replaced my CPS, work great for a day then a day later it started stalling again. not as bad as before it will start right back up and drive but on the high way it will just died out and pick back up again. im not sure what it is. its wierd at low rpms it will stall and when im on the high way it will drop out then pick up within a second. the ses light it on. im getting the usual CPS codes. im lost on what it could be. maybe a fuel relay. any ideas?
-will
Old 04-03-2011, 01:49 PM

i am having the same problem it just started today i was hopin it was the cps i dont no anything else to do i dont have a computer to hook it up to. so i need some help to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.