low pressure oil pump? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2011, 03:11 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Boardfeen696
low pressure oil pump?

well i have a issue now and i guess it is with my low pressure oil pump. but i know nothing of thiss.. can anyone help me like what does it look like what does it do and if any one knows of hand of how much they are?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2011, 09:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

There about 150 dollars. They are right behind the fluid damper. You take the belt off, take the nut out of the center of the damper, get a harmonic balancer puller, remover the damper and there she is. There is 4 bolts in it. Take them out and should come right off if not tap it with a rubber hammer
Old 03-10-2011, 09:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Love the sticker by the way lol
Old 03-10-2011, 09:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Lowdown89 Send a message via Yahoo to Lowdown89
Here is a link to a great write up on replacing the LPOP I had a lot of cold starting issues and this fixed it greatly, if your truck is a higher mileage truck then it's certainly worth replacing, also make sure to get the melling brand oil pump its only like $78 from riffraff diesel or even advance auto or oreilys can get it

Melling LPOP Install - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums
Old 08-06-2011, 10:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

What were your initial symptoms leading you to replace the Low Pressure Oil Pump? Im having issue with mine, and Im thinking the same thing.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:56 PM

My symptoms were I could crank the truck it would run for maybe 15-20 secs then cut off and it would take cranking till almost the battery was dead before it would start but once the truck was warm it would start like normal all the time
Old 08-07-2011, 06:37 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks Jason. My truck is a 2000 F350 with 190K miles my symptoms when it first happened when the truck goes on overdrive it will shakes seems like is starving for fuel and it idles real rough until it shuts off. Fixes I have done so far, I replaced the CPS from NAPA no luck. Disconnect and inspect the ICP but it was clean no oil present, I let it run with ICP disconnect no luck. Look under the valve cover for the wiring harness loosen, the previous owner already applied the Quarter(coin) fix on the harness. I didnt look at the passenger side I was assuming that he applied the fix on the that side as well. Rebuild the IPR and before I disassemble the unit I suck out the oil which it only contains half quart. The oil was very black and I was confused a bit because the oil suppose to be cycle from the clean oil, filtered that is. I had changed the oil 1400 miles ago and in good level and its still clean almost new. Also, I notice oil accumulated in the middle of the engine bay I was trying to trace the leak thinking is coming from the IPR but it seems is coming from the left side of the engine Im thinking its leaking from the High Pressure line. So anyways, I rebuild the IPR and totally ignored the leak, I refill it and took it for a test drive. I shut off the overdrive went out 10 miles, it seems it was fix at first but then after 5 miles it started to act up again. Took out 2 times thinking it will purged the HPOP of air ended up limping home almost didnt make it both times. Here what Im thinking, why was the HPOP reservoir half full with black oil? Wasnt it suppose to be the same oil condition with oil exist in the pan? This leads me to think that is sounds like the Low Pressure Oil Pump is out or on its way out. Oh, BTW no CEL no Codes. But then again theres that leak. Im going to take apart the Y and everything else on the way so I can fully access the engine to check for that leak.

What you think? This is my first diesel from ford, usually I work on GM diesels for the military. Any assistant will be very helpful for me. Thanks.

Last edited by blue32falcon; 08-07-2011 at 06:42 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-07-2011, 07:02 AM

Wow I'm not sure if the LPOP would cause all those problems, I known the only symptoms I had with mine were the cold starting issues let me dig arund some and see if I can come up with anything
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.