Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

new to me 2001, wont start

982 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  DND58 
#1 ·
hi all new here, but already have a problem. i just bought a 2001 4dr 4x4 f350 psd auto. i bought this in non running cond. it will crank like hell, but no fire at all. i pulled the code PO603,which from what i read is a bad pcm. is this correct ? is there any way to make for sure before i just start throwing parts at it ? any help would be very greatful thanx kw

#2 ·
0603 is common to a chipped or tuned truck. Also if the battery has been recently disconnected. Could be a bad CPS. Are you getting a Wait to Start light? Getting any smoke from tailpipe? Oil is full and good condition. Can you hear the fuel pump under the drivers door run when turning the key?

#3 ·
Even though its cranking like it wants to start, what kinda voltage are you getting from the batteries? Not saying that's your problem but with weak batteries it will try and try to start but not fire up, also have you tried plugging the block heater in and ket it warm up some before you try and start it? I bought my 01 not running as well and it would not start at all unless I plugged it in for a few hours no matter how hot it was outside

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.