Need Advice - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2011, 02:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need Advice

Need advice.

2001 Ford F250 4WD 7.3L Power Stroke
75,600 miles

Ran like a charm, until

Water pump started leaking Replaced water pump.
Transmission stuck in LOW 4WD for 30 miles would not come out using any of the normal tricks, then came out on its own.
Transmission will not go into 4WD at all took to dealer, replaced vacuum pump, vacuum line, and cable and bushing on steering column $722.
Oil leaking under truck now. Took back to dealer to find out what they messed up when they make the transmission repairs. They convinced my husband that it was not oil but diesel and had nothing to do with the transmission repair. They replaced the fuel drain valve and seals $203. Also said that there was a leak in the high pressure oil pump and it would need to be replaced. Good guys that they are, they would not charge for labor, but the part is $865.

Help!! Bought this truck new and it has been well taken care of. It replaced a 1989 F150 gas that had over 200,000 miles, was worked hard and never gave any problems. Thought we were trading up for more power and 4WD. All the diesel owners said they run for-ever with no trouble. We are not mechanics, could change the water pump, but do not stand a chance on parts we have never heard of. This truck has broken our bank and it is far from done. The oil is of course still leaking. Do we have a lemon or are these repairs normal for a low mile truck. What further repairs will we be looking at in the near (or far) future?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2011, 02:37 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

advice, marry a ugly man as apparently u r a woman, that way when he leaves u, u will be happy...always has to be a smart a in the bunch huh, but bet made u smile a lil bit though, huh.
find u a reg shop for diesel, do not, i repeat, do not take her to the dealer, they will rob u blind....thats why down here they are called a stealer.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:44 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Need more advice

Thanks for the advice FourX, but I think I will keep the one I have. My real concern is: Are these normal repairs for a truck of this age and miles? And if they are, what new (and expensive) repairs will we be looking at in the future?
Old 03-05-2011, 10:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

twocents:I do not think that you will have too many more problems with your truck. But that is hard to tell. We have to have two of these trucks,[2001],and they have not given us too many problems. The only problem we have had is with the front hubs on the drivers side.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.