Wont Start - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2011, 07:21 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs down Wont Start

About a month and a half ago my truck wouldnt start and I pulled the batteries and starter and had them tested and they where great and it ended up i just put the truck in drive and back in park and it started. Well last night I went to start it and the starter turned for about half a second to a second and right when I hit the unlock button it stopped and would not turn anymore at all. All light come on strong and no check engine light. I have not been able to see if its throwing a code I dont know about. I put a charger on the batteries this morning and will try again when I get home. Also, when i put the truck in reverse the back up lights do still come on so I think that sensor is Ok. Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2011, 04:25 PM

Ok so came out and look more at the truck when I got off of work and fuse 113 was blown. I replaced it tried to start it and it blew again instantly. Any ideas on where to start looking for a short?? Please help I have to be able to drive the truck in the morning!!!!
Old 03-03-2011, 04:46 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Look in your owners manual, what does it say fuse #113 (I didn't even know there was 113 ) is protecting?
Old 03-03-2011, 05:49 PM

I don't have the original owners manual and the chiltons does not have a fuse diagram or the starter circut for this truck. Could the shift position sensor cause a short like that
Old 03-03-2011, 09:30 PM

Here's a link to an owners manual,. Says #113 is a 30A fuse for starter motor. Good luck.

http://www.motorcraftservice.com/pub.../03f23og5e.pdf
Old 03-04-2011, 04:01 AM

Thanks DND so could the starter be causing.the short or maybe the key switch or.the shifter position sensor......any suggestions on where to start
Old 03-04-2011, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLRobert View Post
About a month and a half ago my truck wouldnt start and I pulled the batteries and starter and had them tested and they where great and it ended up i just put the truck in drive and back in park and it started. Well last night I went to start it and the starter turned for about half a second to a second and right when I hit the unlock button it stopped and would not turn anymore at all. All light come on strong and no check engine light. I have not been able to see if its throwing a code I dont know about. I put a charger on the batteries this morning and will try again when I get home. Also, when i put the truck in reverse the back up lights do still come on so I think that sensor is Ok. Any thoughts?
I would think that when you moved the shifter before, and your truck started that your problem may be wiring in the column. I've neve been inside there, so no help but a bump. You might try replacing the fuse and try starting in neutral. Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.