Fuel Bowl tip - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2011, 07:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fuel Bowl tip

Just wanted to pass this along and hopefully save someone some time.

I went to change my fuel filter today and found a LOT of gunk in the bowl.
I decided to take the fuel bowl off to clean it out.
After disconnecting the 4 lines lines, ebp sensor wire and the fuel heater plug, I took the 2 bolts out that go through the HPOP. I found it easier to ues a ratchet wrench to loosen these bolts. There is the EBP sensor there by the passenger side bolt. You should not have to remove this to get the fuel bowl out. Take out drivers side bolt first (not all the way out, just out of the bowl housing threads) and then start on the passenger side and slowly pull the bowl back as you loosen the bolt.

Remove the drain line and take the bowl out. I found the original fuel heater wire broke off of the tabs and decided to replace it. Also, the sleeves/gaskets on the fuel lines should be replaced.
This was the hardest part of the project. A few of the old sleeves were pretty tough to get off of the lines. After several attempts with about every tool in my box, I finally found on old dental pick (kind of s shaped) and I was able to pick out the old sleeves.
Then I cleaned the threads really good to get any remaining rubber remiaing out.
Applied some clean fuel to all new gaskets/sleeves and installed. Re-assembled and hooked up both plugs and worked perfect but was not the problem I was trying to solve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.