95 7.3 Oil in the fuel?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2011, 08:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
95 7.3 Oil in the fuel??

I have a 1995 ford f350 with the 7.3, we use it to pull out 5th wheel camper, on the way home from the lake last fall it started loosing power, and not much oil on the dipstick, right after an oil change, no more than 100 miles on the change, so we filled it back up with oil and installed a new fuel filter on the side of the road, when we removed the filter it was filled with oil. it sat for a few weeks then i replaced the lift pump, the one in the center of the valley. now we drove it for maybe 10 miles around town and went to pull it out of the shed this spring and its doing the same thing again, any suggestions?

I have read on some of these forums that it may be a hi pressure oil pump, then other people i have talked to say they almost never go out on these years, could it be the injector o rings?

I have no problem working on it my self, I'm just trying not to throw a bunch of money at the wrong problem.

thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2011, 02:18 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I had the same problem with my 1999 superduty, it quit running one night no oil on the dipstick in fact it only had about a gallon left in it, fuel filter housing full of oil and fuel and it actually fed back into fuel tank, it ended up being the o-rings on the injectors failed replaced them, put in fresh fuel and haven't had a problem since
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
filter black, oil in fuel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.