Another No Start Situation - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2011, 05:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Another No Start Situation

Hey Guys this is the first post i have done so here we go. I have a 2001 F-350 Dually with 170K Miles and im having trouble getting it to even "try" to start. I Changed the CPS and checked the fuel bowl to see if it fills (It Does) and the HPOP has enough oil and i ran the autoenginuety scanner and it came up with injectors 2, 4, 7 open cuircut and when turning the engine over im only getting about 280 to 290 psi out of the hpop. the wait to start light comes on and all fuses good. one thing is that wit the new CPS the tach is still not moving. i think thats all the info i got. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by shawnpnelson; 02-10-2011 at 03:02 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2011, 11:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

That isn't enough high pressure to start. Check if the oil pressure guage on the dash comes up when cranking. Also double check your oil level
Old 02-15-2011, 01:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the reply and the oil level on both the crank case an the hpop are in the right levels...I found that the IPC sensor had oil in the connector (which is th sighn its bad right?)

Last edited by shawnpnelson; 02-15-2011 at 01:16 PM. Reason: damn smart phone
Old 02-15-2011, 01:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

And yea the pressure gauge does come up when cranking
Old 02-15-2011, 01:14 PM
The Tamed Racing Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnpnelson View Post
...I found that the IPC sensor had oil in the connector (which is th sighn its bad right?)
In the electrical connector, then yeah I would say thats not good anymore.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

That's not a good sign, but even if the PCM sees low pressure, it will just increase the ipr to max. I think it should still start. If you unplug the sensor it goes to max pressure, you can try that, but don't run it too long if it does start. What is the duty cycle on the ipr when you are cranking? I think 85% is about max, but I may be wrong. Sounds like Hpop or leak on high pressure system.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ill give it a shot with it unplugged and see what we get. Bad thing is im going out of town tomorrow for work and wont be able to try it until saturday..ill keep u guys posted and again thanks for the help
Old 02-22-2011, 06:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

sorry for the wait guys but i went ahead and bought a new ipc sensor (From the dealer) and also just because it needed to be done i went ahead and changed the oil and the fuel filter. with the new IPC the duty cycle was at 64% @ 72.4 psi (Only) i unplugged the sensor then tried it and it read 32.03%. Should i try replacing the IPR? also i ran teh buzz test (ive never done it before) and it was a faint buzz on every injector. i heard its supposed to be loud as hell? also i bought a new cps (Also from the dealer) and the tach still doesnt move. I think thats all the info i got for now. i appreciate the help fellas
Old 02-22-2011, 07:53 PM
The Tamed Racing Driver

I think I'd look at the IPR next. And yeah I definatly wouldn't say a "faint buzz" it very good.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:18 PM

Powerstroke was new to me, bought my PSD last October. That is because I was impressed how Ford had improved in the past. Now I don't know for sure anyway.

A month ago, my PSD just died and won't keep runnng. It would run for maybe 15 seconds then died. Later on tried again ran for 5 seconds I had send this to shop. Thought it was CKP sensor as defective. It was running fine after replace the CKP sensor. I picked it up, 25 minutes of driving. Stalled again with same symptoms, I was very pissed off and took it back to the dealer. The mechanic thought it was fuel pressure regulator and replaced it. He likes my truck so much and asked if I would let him drive home after work. I had no problem with that. Guess what the dealer mechanic found out?

Clogged fuel filters, I said I had replaced just 2 months ago. He then checked the fuel tank, it was filthy and the fuel itself actally smelled like vodka. I was like WTF?

He asked me where I refill my tank. I said that Kwikfill. He then said he is seeing many of suckers like me had same problem. Really I don't know if it is from that ****ty station or else.

So, won't hurt to check fuel filter and tank.

DHB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.