Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

10.5 mpg can anyone help me??????????????????????????

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  junkinjoe 
#1 ·
:icon_ford:eek:k here i am having a bad fuel milage problem with my 2003 f350 with the 7.3 ....it has no leaks ,it runs smooth,shifts smooth,dont smoke. i am only getting 10.5 mpg emty with this thing,everyone tells me i should be getting 15-18 mpg ...here is what the truck is set up with ... to start with is a 03 -7.3 it has the silverline 4"stainless exhaust from the turbo back,afe cold air intake,relitively new high presure oil pump,the truck has 285/16s on it with 3:73 gears and the 4r100 automatic tranny..any suggestions

#2 ·
have you checked the simple stuff?, tire pressure, dragging brakes,ect
dose it seem to run well or dose it lack power?
Do you beat on it or are you easy on the fuel pedal?

#4 ·
I'll start with the simple checks.

How long have you owned the truck, is there a change the previous owner swapped gears?

Last time the Air Filter was cleaned/replaced?
Last time the fuel filters were changed?
Last oil change, and tranny fluids were changed?

It just few things that wouldn't take too long to check. After that we'd need to know more about the truck's configuration, and your driving style.

#5 ·
mild driving habbits and a little easy to try to make the fuel consuption better...i just put this truck together so i have no idea on preveous milage but the on board lie a meter said 16mpg....i bought it crashed off ebay out of oklahoma and put it together....it truly is a mint truck... as far as all the filters they are new and honestly i have never seen a cleaner diesel motor inside and out...no brake drag

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.