Injector PROBLEMS!!! BIG MONEY!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2011, 11:43 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Injector PROBLEMS!!! BIG MONEY!!!

I took my 01' to a local shop to get what I thought was tranny work which turned out to be a brake problem. I noticied the day I was taking it over there it felt like a miss fire but it wasnt that bad. When he returned the truck to me it seemed to run better (didnt have him mess with the miss fire problem). But I wanted someone that knew a little more about powerstrokes look the truck over a little closer. On the night that I took it over over to him the truck ran like complete crap. Idled really bad so bad it was shaking the truck. Then when I was driving at a low RPM it would shake but higher RPM's it wouldnt run that bad but was still misfiring occasionally. Now that i got my heart breaking story out of the way the guy I took it to quoted me $3000 to go back to stock injectors(I have stage 2's now not sure what kind). Then he recommended new cups because of the higher compression from the upgraded turbo and injectors. To do the cups he said another $500. Now this is all if we cant figure what injectors are bad and are able to match them up with the ones in there now. Anyone have any suggestions or places to get it done cheaper? I live in NW ohio area and am willing to take a little cruise. Any encouraging words?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2011, 05:25 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Find a new shop...your UVC plug may have fell off..whats his reason to condemn the cups and Inj's...not much from what you have stated.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:43 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
There is a lot of stuff to check before you go condemming injectors and cups.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:38 AM

The only reason he gave me as far as the injectors was because of the misfire and alls he did was started opened the throttle a few times and we drove around for a few miles. As far as the cups go he said to do it because of the compression.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:41 AM

He's a crook..take it to someone who will do the proper checks first.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:58 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Performance, Inc. View Post
He's a crook..take it to someone who will do the proper checks first.
Yeah what he said! There are to many things to check that can make them run funny. Just reving it up a couple of times ain't gonna cut it.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:43 AM
Smoke Eater

Send a message via Yahoo to fdchief
If you want to take a cruise and stay in ohio... Unlimited Diesel in Bremen Ohio which is near lancaster does very good work... granted i take my truck to FCDP to do all my work... i dont think ya wanna drive to jaxonville florida
Old 01-24-2011, 01:43 PM

I appreciate everyones help so far is it going to harm the engine any driving it for a bit and having it miss fire? Thank you FDCAPT for a place to take it but thats a 3 1/2-4hrs I found a shop in Muncie Indiana called "Daves Diesel" anyone heard of the place good or bad?
Old 01-27-2011, 02:04 PM
Johnny Law Brown

Daves diesel does awesome work we have had them do so alot of stuff for us all be it agricultural they do do good work and are really nice people to deal with.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:41 PM

Yes sir found that out first hand took my truck there today they had a fast diagnoses unfortunately it wasnt one I wanted to here but still better than what the other guy told me. 2 injectors were completely dead, 2 of them were spraying weak, I didnt think this but saw it with my own eyes I snapped a bent a pushrod really bad. Thank god it didnt damage the engine. So there fixing the injectors, all new stronger pushrods, and valve springs(he thinks im floating valves). No complaints what so ever as of right now would recommend them to anyone will post again when the work is completed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.