Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

rust in the fuel filter housing

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  dsltech 
#1 ·
i have a concern when the truck is cold after first start up. the truck will fall flat on its face at wot, no boost what so ever. does not miss , runs fine after it warms up a little. i found alot of rusty fuel ( from my previous aux. fuel tank) in the bottom of the filter housing. i cleaned the entire fuel system except the check valves on the heads and injectors, could this stuff have my injectors partially clogged? i was thinking about upgrading to stage 1s from beans anyhow, any ideas? thanks!!! 2001 f-250

#3 ·
and you have enough oil in the truck right???? it is a heui system.

rust in the fuel system would scare me lol

#4 ·
had a tw chip and run it for a little while but did not like the way the trans shifted, i noticed this problem a couple of weeks before i switched to a bully dog gt, in the summer it is a non issue. as for the oil , it is always clean and full. change it about every 2500 miles. i work on these things all the time and it feels just like the screens stopped up in the fuel tank, but like i said , i cleaned all and installed new fuel pump. need to check the fuel pressure but have not had a chance. thinking of maybe trying a 10w 30 diesel oil in winter to check, i built this truck about 2 years ago and the injectors have 260k on them. also this problem only lasts for a minute or two. i started uot working on the 7.3 but i know the 6.0 a lot more, just wandering if anyone else has possibly run into this before.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.