HPOP PRESSURE, INJECTOR BUZZ AUTO ENGINUITY - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2011, 04:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Talking HPOP PRESSURE, INJECTOR BUZZ AUTO ENGINUITY

HEY GUYS I HAVE A 2001 F450 GIVING TROUBLE. DOWN ON POWER AND WONT CRANK WHEN COLD, 260,000 MILES. CHECKED THE NORMALS, CPS GLOW PLUGS AND RELAY, STARTER, BATTERIES. IT HAS A K&N COLD AIR INTAKE AND A TS PERFORMANCE 6 POSITION CHIP THAT I RUN ON THE 75HP LEVEL ALWAYS. WHEN I FIRST PUT THIS STUFF ON IT WOKE THIS THING UP BUT NOW IT HAS GOTTEN WEAK. ITS ALWAYS BEEN HARD TO START BUT NOW IMPOSSIBLE IF NOT PLUGGED IN. I FINALLY GOT THE AE SCANNER AND THIS IS WHAT I CAME UP WITH-----CODE P0263 CYLINDER 1 INJECTOR CIRCUIT CONTRIBUTION/BALANCE FAULT. DID THE BUZZ TEST #2 & 8 BUZZ LOUD OTHER SIX ARE HARDLY NOTICEABLE, I HAVN'T BEEN ABLE TO FIND IT ON HERE ANYWHERE SO IF THEY BUZZ LOUD ARE THEY GOOD OR BAD? ALSO GOT A P0113 INTAKE AIR TEMP CIRCUIT HIGH INPUT. TESTED THE HPOP DON'T KNOW IF I DID IT RIGHT BUT HERE I GO---- IDLES AT 480PSI HOT, 1100 PSI AT 2000RPM NO LOAD, 1300 PSI AT 2500 NO LOAD, REVING IT UP IN PARK. 1400 PSI AT 1900 RPM WHILE DRIVING, 1700 PSI AT 2600 RPM DRIVING. IF I STOMPED IT WHILE DRIVING THE MOST I SAW WAS ABOUT 2300 PSI (I PROBABLY ONLY GOT IT TO AROUND 70 MPH). COULD ANYONE TELL ME ABOUT THE CODES AND THE INJECTORS AND THE HPOP PRESSURES? IF I HAVE TO DO THE HPOP DOES ANYONE KNOW OF FAIRLY PRICED PERFORMANCE ONE BECAUSE I WANT TO INSTALL SOME STAGE 1 INJECTORS IF MINE ARE BAD AND DON'T WANT TO HAVE A LOW PRESSURE PROBLEM. THANKS IN ADVANCE, PHIL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2011, 07:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

if i remember right, but dont quote me on it, loud is good; quiet is bad on the buzz test for the injectors. i have an adreniline hpop and some shop just did the test on it and my reading in park were lower than yours. the shop didnt do the drive test, like they were supposed to.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

THANKS FOR THE RESPONSE. I FORGOT TO MENTION THAT I HAVE A MISS/SKIP WHEN IT IS UP TO TEMPERATURE AT CRUISE SPEED. SEEMS TO GO AWAY UNDER LOAD. I PULLED ABOUT 13K THE OTHER DAY AND NEVER NOTICED IT, BUT AGAIN DOWN ON POWER AND WON'T DO WHAT IT USED TO. HELP ME OUT GUYS THIS IS A DAILY DRIVER I NEED FIXED!!
Old 01-14-2011, 12:29 AM

A good injector should mildly scare the hell out of you the first time you do a buzz test! Joking aside... loud is good! If six of your injectors are quiet compared to a couple others, it may be time for a new set.

The backyard test for your hpop is that it should maintain ~2200+ psi at wide open throttle. (You must give it time to stabilize as it will spike and fall when you first stomp on it.) Under 2000 psi its really getting tired.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:55 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Sounds like injectors are bad. and replace the IAT sensor. When you do the injectors i would get rid of that 15 degree HPOP, send it out to one of the shop and have the 17 degree swash plate put in it of if you want. Send it to dieselsite and have it modified to an adrenaline. They are standup! and you wont be disapointed . That will up the oil pressure.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:03 AM
I need money...

OBS trucks have 15 degree pumps...not superduties!! Since everything is checking ok, i would be checking the valve cover harnesses. PRONE to come loose and cause low power issues. If that checks good then look at injectors. How many miles are on the truck?
Old 01-14-2011, 04:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

THANKS FOR THE RESPONSES. TRUCK'S GOT 260K ON IT. TALKED TO BEANS DIESEL AND THEY THINK INJECTOR PROBLEMS. THINK I AM GOING WITH A SET OF STAGE 1 SINGLE SHOTS FROM THEM AND LET THEM REBURN MY TS CHIP. ALSO THIS TRUCK NEVER IDLES UP AND DOWN LIKE OTHERS I HAVE SEEN WHEN WE HAVE COLD WEATHER. NOT REALLY A BIG DEAL I GUESS BUT I AM WONDERING WHATS WRONG WITH MINE KEEPING IT FROM WORKING. THANKS GUYS AND KEEP EM COMING!
Old 01-15-2011, 06:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

PULLED MY INJECTORS TODAY. THE GUYS THAT DO THIS FOR A LIVING EARN THEIR MONEY, I'M TO OLD AND FAT FOR THIS ANYMORE. GUESS I'LL BE SHIPPING THEM OFF TO BEANS DIESEL AND BUILT TO STAGE 1'S.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:05 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

lol sorry forgot it was a 2001 i was looking at multiple threads got confused. Go for the hpop if your doing injectors too. Well worth it especially if you doing injectors. The hpop is the weak part of the HEUI. If the injectors dont have the only they are not gonna properly function to optimal effiency.
Old 02-12-2011, 06:04 AM
Emergency Services

Any updates?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.