Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

cold weather issues need help

683 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  peakpower 
#1 ·
i have issue a 2000 7.3 with 243000 miles,i have owned it since new.the problem started about 3 yrs ago and i have not been able to find a shop to repair the issue.when it sits overnight at below 20 deg f the truck will start normal , idle nomal everthing seems ok. i start to drive down the road and within a 1/2 mile the truck starts to overfuel and seems to try and accelerate away while decreasing the throttle, then when i let it come back down to a idle its running really rough and has a super rich exhaust. all i do is turn it off and restart it and its fixed.sometimes it wil do this a couple of times before its all the way warmed up,once its warm or warmer temps outside it never occures. someone told me it might be a sticking cam sensor. is this possible or could it be a ipr.i dont want to just throw parts at it. the dealers seem to like this method. any suggestions or test i could do to verify. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.