Block Heater Location? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2010, 03:40 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Block Heater Location?

I have been having the hard to start issue going on with the cold snap. From what I read on here all 7.3's have the block heater except the 97 year. I have the late model 99. I can't find anything by the driver's side tow hook or by the oil filter area. So maybe I don't have it? Does anyone have any pictures of what it looks like where it comes out of the motor? I shouldn't really need it here in South Carolina, but now its driving me crazy. Did the thing get ripped off by the previous owner or what????
I am also dealing with the blown fuse thanks to the fuel bowl heater. I can't believe it shuts the whole truck down. Insane. Truck doesn't have block heater but shuts down with bad fuel bowl heater!!!
I have been in love with my truck, now she is testing me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2010, 03:52 PM
Super Moderator

Mine comes out above the oil filter. It's an orange cord and runs toward the bumper. I had to look around awhile to find it.

As far as the fuse blowing thing. You can unplug the heater, replace the fuse to keep running.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:12 AM

Thanks Darryl, I will do some more looking.
I had read on here about the fuel bowl heater. Without looking up where exactly the plug was for the heater, I had unplugged the fuel pressure regulator......oops. I found a picture in my Haynes book. Every once and awhile that book comes in handy. I saw I was supposed to be unplugging the yellow plastic plug. I did actually spray electronics cleaner on/in both of those plugs. I am all out of spare fuses so this morning I will borrow my accesories 30 amp fuse and try it after unplugging the right plug!
I have also discovered two plugs just hanging out. One is identical to the fuel pressure regulator and is hanging loose in the same area, no empty sockets though. The other loose plug is over to the left (as you face the motor) of the hpop, no empty sockets there either.... My truck is the plain jane work truck so I am thinking that its just part of the wiring harness and meant for some extra feature on a lariat package maybe?? I was going to post this seperate and later after getting the truck going again, trying to keep it to one problem at a time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.