EBPV sticking open - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2010, 05:50 PM
riddin' high

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dasaliac03 Send a message via Skype™ to Dasaliac03
EBPV sticking open

Been going on for about a week, sat outside and got below freezing and now my truck sounds like a dang jet!

Barely in the throttle, LOUD wooshing noise. If i get on it, spool up, it closes and takes off like a scalded dog.

Anyone have any advice?

After talking to a diesel mechanic whose seen it before (HHrecovery) we decided it was my EBPV valve getting stuck open, which makes sense...i thought i had a hell of a boost leak in a boot or something before aaron told me about the valve.

How do i fix/repair/replace it? Its straight up ROBBING my low end power and to be honest its embarrasing when other people notice the space ship passing them and then call me saying "What the hell is that noise?"

This is quite literally the ONLY PROBLEM ive ever had out of this truck, aside from a bullsh*t code and chip installation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2010, 06:14 PM
ARMY MOM!!!!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to korg70kbc
it may need to be rebuilt. but, with mine, when I pulled the turbo I had a build up of coke (?) on it & thats what was causing mine to stick.. I used a wire brush to get it all off. it stopped sticking tho
Old 12-07-2010, 06:18 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

ebpv delete
Old 12-07-2010, 06:21 PM
ARMY MOM!!!!

thats is what I ended up doing.................works great now,
Old 12-07-2010, 06:50 PM
riddin' high

I would delete it but it's purpose is to help warm the engine right? I does tend to get cold in the winter here

Anyone sell a delete kit?
I was to to just run my hand under the turbo and if it had play in it then I need to hook it back up. My guess is the rod came off?
Old 12-07-2010, 06:54 PM

What kind of chip you got? You could get a high idle burned on it and it does the same thing has a the ebpv. Or you could do the high idle mod and wire it to the switch. Search for that on here and there are instructions.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:01 PM
ARMY MOM!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasaliac03 View Post
I would delete it but it's purpose is to help warm the engine right? I does tend to get cold in the winter here

Anyone sell a delete kit? ASK MARTY
I was to to just run my hand under the turbo and if it had play in it then I need to hook it back up. My guess is the rod came off?
i thought it was to warm up the cab quicker? I plugged mine & wired open the back part of turbo in case I decide to change it back. I notice NO difference, it still goes to higher idle even with it unhooked...if the rod came off then it would stay shut iirc, thats what mine did
Old 12-07-2010, 07:02 PM

sounds like normal annoying operatin of the ebpv to me. mine does it terribly bad, anytime you hold ur throttle steady it'll kick in until ur truck is hot. the only way to get it to stop is to lay ur foot in it and i mean it'll fly like no other. because of what u r experiencing, most people gut it out. i'm gonna leave mine until i can't stand it anylonger. at first I thought it was a terrible fuel pressure loss and changed my fuel filters out... it can drive you nuts some days
Old 12-07-2010, 07:09 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
delete it.. just delete it..
Old 12-07-2010, 07:15 PM
riddin' high

Quote:
Originally Posted by big sig View Post
What kind of chip you got? You could get a high idle burned on it and it does the same thing has a the ebpv. Or you could do the high idle mod and wire it to the switch. Search for that on here and there are instructions.
DP, run it on 80economy all the time, changed it to 100hp thinking it may just be the tune, still did it. Took DP off, plugged my Diablo in, tuned it, NO CODES, and still did it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isakson View Post
sounds like normal annoying operatin of the ebpv to me. mine does it terribly bad, anytime you hold ur throttle steady it'll kick in until ur truck is hot. the only way to get it to stop is to lay ur foot in it and i mean it'll fly like no other. because of what u r experiencing, most people gut it out. i'm gonna leave mine until i can't stand it anylonger. at first I thought it was a terrible fuel pressure loss and changed my fuel filters out... it can drive you nuts some days
it does it even when the truck is hot...ill warm er up on the way to work. be there 5 minutes and leave to go get smokes(i love being a manager) and it still does it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dietoremain View Post
delete it.. just delete it..
anyone make a kit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
ebpv

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.