Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

fuel leak - not the usual

Tags
fuel leak
1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  corn fed excursion 
#1 ·
Anyone else ever get a fuel leak in the valley that wasn't the drain O rings????

My truck mechanic (good diesel mech) is sure fuel leak eminates underneath fuel filter and is NOT related to the drain valve (the common fuel leak). Valleys were cleared/cleaned of all fuel, dried, and while engine ran was inspected with mirror and fuel appeared to come out from under the fuel filter where it connects to the top of the engine but I didn't see this myself and i also thought the fuel filter is independant - does not attach to engine with a gasket, etc. i thought it was just lines in, and lines out. I am stumped and since i am disabled cannot climb up into the engine and inspect with mirror myself. I poured over forums and checked out a diagram of the fuel components and it seems to me it must be the fuel drain O rings (the three rings of death) but he says he has replaced lots of those and it is not the fuel drain rings.

#2 ·
maybe the sensor in the fuel bowl? i plugged em on both my strokers, no more leaks :)

#4 ·
1/8 npt brass plug and some yellow teflon tape :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.