Supposed to be Ford Reman Motor w/ 30k-Wont Run - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2010, 04:08 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Supposed to be Ford Reman Motor w/ 30k-Wont Run

Heres my situation in a nutshell. I bought a 01 Lariat 7.3L from a guy after my 99s cab burnt up. I bought the truck knowing it would only spin over and not fire up. My plan was to tinker with it and if i couldnt get it to run just swap my motor in. But when i was loadin it on the trailer he tells me its a ford reman with 30k miles, and hes a body man not a diesel tech and didnt wanna fool with it.

So first Question is: Is there anyway to find out if it truly is a reman? Maybe a tag or stamp somewhere? If it really is id like to get it running. My motor is strong but read 168k when it burnt, but i was running for 46s for a year so its really closer to 200k+ im sure.

Next Question: Any ideas what could be wrong? Good Batteries, Gets plunty of fuel, New starter, does not have the black cps. The dummy did pull the turbo off, Why? Idk? But im gonna go back with a new one when i put it back together.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2010, 06:53 AM

I talked to a guy at the ford place, and he told me if I gave him the numbers off the motor he could tell me if it was remaned or not....well I gave him the numbers I thought were the serials (183165402) and he said those were right that it would have a bunch of letters mixed in too.....Anyone know what he's talkin about?

I'm going to check my ipr and hpop next time I get off work early enough to see some daylight....I also found one valve cover plug was busted were they clip together and no longer connected...but my batteries were too weak at that point to even bother trying to crank it. And where that serial number is, it appears to have an old number below it that's had a weld run over it as to cover it up.

Any input/help would be great appreciated.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:11 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You have to have strong batteries or these motors won't fire. I would also check the other valvecover gasket to make sure it's plugged in.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:19 AM

O ya for sure. The batteries in my e99 were good so I was using them, I just drained em tinkerin with it. So I took em out and charged em yesterday. And had em checked at the parts store to insure they were still good. The passenger valve cover looks fine. Would just one being undone stop the motor from running at all or just make it run on 4 cylinders?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.