motor stalls. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2010, 06:30 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
motor stalls.

Ok, so i was about to leave for work today when i started up my truck. I tried to start it and it just cranked for about 6 seconds, normally it takes about 1 second or so to start. Thought it was weird, but didn't get a check engine light or anything. drove about 1/8th mile down the road and the engine suddenly dies and the CEL comes on. So i got out my dtc scanner and a P0331(or a 332/333 can't remember). tried starting it again and it fired right up. drove another 100 feet and it died again, same code came up. I looked it up and its a Knock sensor 2 error or something? What on earth is that, and where would i go about fixing it? I had ran the truck the entire day and didn't notice anything weird on the pyrometer at all and the truck ran fine. If i let the truck idle in park it'll only last for 30 seconds or so then it stalls out. any help would be much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2010, 06:57 PM

just as an update, i just got home and drained the fuel out of the fuel filter bowl, cycled the key a few times and she started right up. let it idle for about 30 seconds then started to back out of the driveway and it stalled. tried starting and nothing, now i've got a P0340 code which i understand is a no-start code? so something is wrong, but not sure what. possibly CPS?
Old 11-26-2010, 07:22 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Cps it's a classic sign,that's how mine went out so I always keep a spare in the glovebox
Old 11-26-2010, 08:00 PM

Alright i figured so. another way to tell is the rpms don't move when i start it correct? i'll check that tomorrow. also, which cps should i buy? i've read and saw there are many different ones and can't remember which is good...
Old 11-27-2010, 08:52 AM

well, i stopped by the stealership today and got a new cps. put it in and it runs like a champ now. Just curious but would the cps going out cause a P0331 code? I havn't had that one come up again so i'm thinkin somehow the cps going bad was the culprit... thanks for the help goats.
Old 11-27-2010, 09:00 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
It's your scanner, you can't use that for your engine. You need the proper one with specific Ford Diesel codes. No diesel has a "Knock Sensor" that I'm aware of "Knocking" is what diesels DO......

The "340" was closer at least
Old 11-27-2010, 09:19 AM
Johnny Law Brown

Agreed, if you own a stroker you always have to carry oil and a CPS with you its kind of an unwritten rule
Old 11-28-2010, 03:30 PM

why can't i use my scanner? its a superchips tuner that i used to use in my truck for the tunes and has built in dtc reader. maybe i found the wrong code online but i definately saw that a P0331 was a knock sensor. and i'm almost 100% sure thats what i read on my tuner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.