fuel leak problems help!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2010, 08:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
fuel leak problems help!!

Ok, I started off in another forum and I have fixed it but now I am needing help on another problem!! so please help me!!
I have a fuel leak and I have found it dripping off the fuel filter housing on the passenger side its coming off a line where it enters the filter housing the line goes back to the passenger side rear head. It looks like someone has repaired this before and it has a piece of rubber hose towards the rear with clamps on it??? it appears to be leaking at the rear as well and the other line is loose as well going to the drivers side head, can someone tell me what these lines are called and where to buy them at?? I might as well replace them both while I am there..... I am assuming this is a common problem?
The line is really loose where it enters the filter housing and I tried to tighten it up but its still dripping..
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2010, 08:24 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
i've never heard of this but i'm not a ford mechanic. i say dealer parts are best in most cases and they'll probably look at it long enough to give you the right parts to fix it without charging you a dime. good luck
Old 11-12-2010, 09:10 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Ok, I know its the supply line that goes to rear head and one goes to the drivers side front head. Does anyone know the exact name of these or part#s because I have looked everywhere on the internet and have had no luck finding them! I know I probably can call the dealer but want to find them for the best price...
Old 11-13-2010, 12:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

the leak is caused by the fuel filter drain valve the o rings are bad i have the same problem found replacement set on ebay for $2.80 i found the cause by checking post on you tube there is a good video there on the problem and the fix
Old 11-13-2010, 12:29 PM

I had the same problem and just fixed it yesterday. I ordered the same 2.80 ebay kit. Mine happend to be leaking from the top o ring in the shut off valve instead of the normal lower two. So, I would make sure to get a 3 o ring kit just to make sure. Alot of the kits only have the 2 lower.
Old 11-13-2010, 05:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

well actually mine was the supply line.... The previous owner Loved JB weld and not fixing things correctly!! The line must have cracked and then they put a rubber fuel line and double clamped it and I guess they used JB weld around the rear head?? Anyways I bought the new Line 44.00 and it came with the new rubber seals, I then bought the kit which had all the seals and changed them while I was there. Fuel Leak gone but I noticed now I have a exhaust leak coming from the rear by the down pipe by the turbo? and I have a Oil Leak but it appears to be coming from the Oil Filter.... I am about to get all the bugs worked out I hope!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.