Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

7.3 surge and rough idle

4K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  dieseldan2005 
#1 ·
I changed my fuel filter 3 weeks and ago along with my oil. After i did this my truck seemed to have a rough or surging idle when cold. Also it seems to take off on its own a little when you barely hit the pedal almost like the TPS is going bad. I also had to buy a new fuel filter cap cause the old one was a 1 piece design. 3 days after the fuel filter swap the o ring on the filter cap blew out and spewed fuel all over my engine. After trying to re-install it many times on my way home from work, i realized the filter wouldn't fit into the new cap properly. So the cap wouldn't seat properly on the filter base. So today it did the surging idle thing again. Is it a coincidence or did it have something to do with the filter swap? I ended up getting another 1 piece filter to replace the cap i bought. Am i getting air in the lines somehow? I have no codes other than a low boost code, but i think its because of my plugged ebpv sensor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.