Need Advice Quick - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2010, 12:26 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need Advice Quick

So i was trying to sell my truck on craigslist and this chick was entrusted and wanted a shop to look it over which she would pay them to look it over well keep the story short the shop she had look at it said number 8 cylinder was dead Idk how you can tell that with a scanner and not taking the glow plugs out and testing each. Well i hooked my buddy like 3000 dollar gensis scanner to and no codes beside intake heater which is deleted and 1211 which running a chip with bigger injectors. So since i put those injectors in the truck has idled a little ruffer but not as bad as my friends that did have a bad cylinder. So on his scanner does live data and has something like cylinder rotational vel. All where at 0.1 percent and the eighth at 5.4 at highest but when u got on the gas they all went to 0. So what im wondering is this shop bull****ing me or maybe it does really have a bad cylinder. Plus motor doesnt eat oil or fuel into the oil that would cause the oil level to come up... So ya could be when shop put the injectors in the 8 isnt a long lead to make them think this. Because i was gonna put on reg return kit to see if it makes it idle different... If motors bad time to rebuild bigger and better i guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2010, 12:36 AM

I think i might have a buddy check the compression the way your suppose too....
Old 10-23-2010, 12:51 AM

Plus does do a little smoke at idle when the motors cold but when it warms up seems like all black smoke......
Old 10-23-2010, 10:35 AM

bump bump bump
Old 10-23-2010, 12:49 PM

ya plus after like idle for mn the 8 cylinder went as high as 5 and low as 2 wondering if bigger injectors could cause that.....
Old 10-23-2010, 01:03 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i aggree do a compression test, test it the right way.
I would also want to know what test they ran? Did your truck just fail a contribution test on number 8? Heck my wifes did that with the grey cps that was installed under recall. It passes with the black one, that was original. It runs fine. Just a phantom code. The only other test is the buzz test, thats just electrically testing the injector. Other then failing these to say you have an issue with cyl 8 a real compression test must be done.
Old 10-23-2010, 01:07 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
the cps generally fails inj 8 when doing a cct test
Old 10-23-2010, 01:39 PM

Thanks Guys but was also wondering if it was bad wouldn't i lose power this thing doesnt seem like it lost any power plus. It does idle a little ruffer shakes a little but not as bad as my friends with the bad cylinders. Could that be because of the injectors seems like it didnt do that stock but when i put the new injectors in it did it.
Old 10-23-2010, 01:42 PM

Melmount they said just failed on 8 and i ran that same test they did and got the numbers i showed u and also ran a buzz test which the truck passed. I put a breather tube on my truck so it wouldn't breath into the turbo if u know what i mean and sometimes has white smoke coming out of that tube under the truck.....
Old 10-23-2010, 01:51 PM

I ran the cylinder rotational velocity test that said that 8 was running wierd...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.