IPR ?'S - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2010, 05:12 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
IPR ?'S

My truck has been smoking white off and on. I recently put new swamps single shot injectors in thinking that would fix it. It was good and smoke was black for about 4 days and now it smoked white again. I am thinking maybe the IPR but not sure. It runs a little rough at idle sometimes after injector install and it didnt before. Could the IPR be sticking open or closed and cause the white smoke? Would open or closed cause it? How does the IPR work? Also where is that nut thing people say can fall off and cause problems? I can see IPR but dont see it? Any pics of it? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2010, 04:22 AM

BUMP.........
Old 10-09-2010, 02:08 PM

Was looking at my IPR today and the solenoid electric connector part is loose and moves back and forth. If I grab electrical connector the whole solenoid thing moves. Is it supposed to move and will it cause problems if its loose? Th nut on the end is tight.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:05 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
[IMG][/IMG]

here is what the IPR valve looks like if the nut is tight it shouldn't move at all double check that the nut is on there correctly and tight. if it is then its probably time for a new one.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:08 AM

If the solenoid is moving it will cause the engine to run rough i'm not sure if it will make it smoke though. hope this helps
Old 10-10-2010, 08:18 AM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to harley1rocker Send a message via Skype™ to harley1rocker
yor ipr wont make it smoke white.it will run ruff if that sillynoid is loose.

your white smoke is fuel,stuck inj? maybe.but you said they were new...does it do it in the morning,or when the engine is warm?? all the time?
Old 10-10-2010, 04:27 PM

It will smoke white even when its warm but it dont do it everyday. Its weird it will do it erery now and then and even when im out driving sometimes it will smoke black and the the next time I get going and shifting through the gears it will be white or white/grey. I changed out the IPR today but it still idles rough but think i may still have air in system from changing it. The injectors are new and the fuel pressure is good. Im so stumped this smoke is so intermittent and weird.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:32 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to harley1rocker Send a message via Skype™ to harley1rocker
the diagnoses could not be good.. when you hook it to a scanner,does the hpop read good??? 500psi at idle? whit smoke,bluish smoke,mine was doing the exact same thing and i pulled the heads hopeing and praying it was a bent valve...i wasnt so lucky,i looked in num 5 hole and the ring was broke,tearing the piston a new one.you need to do a contribution test..if one fails or your not satisfied,do a compression test.maybe its just a fuel prob...but if your luck is like mine....you will have to pull the motor..which is a good way to really get to know your truck
Old 10-11-2010, 03:40 PM

The funny thing is that it never did it all when I had the chip out for like 2 weeks when waiting on my new injectors and chip reburn. Wouldnt it smoke white in stock mode if it was something internally in the engine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.