Fuel Line Fitting Broke - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2010, 06:00 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fuel Line Fitting Broke

Hey guys, I know this isn't a help line or anything, and it's not all about me, but I am in dire need of some quick advice. I put a new modded 17* hpop on my e99 today, and I just removed the hpop reservoir and fuel bowl out as a unit. Well, tear down went great, and so did installation until I went to tighten the top fuel line on the passenger side of the fuel bowl. I got the fitting in, and put a wrench on it, got it barely snug, and turned another maybe 1/4 - 1/2 turn and wham, from the threads down the fitting snapped apart. I gotta get my truck drivable asap, as I'm going to have to make a trip upstate to take a friend to the hospital where her newborn is, and I would greatly appreciate any advice. I'm pretty sure I can get the threads out of the fuel bowl as for the fitting/fuel line I'm unsure what route to take. Advanced auto has basically no idea of what I'm talking about and says they can't get the fuel line (I'd prefer to stick away from replacing the whole fuel line as the next fitting is way down near the crank pulley and is going to be a pain to get to) but they can get me a flaring tool, so I was considering cutting the old flare off, and putting a new fitting on and flaring it, but I'm unsure of the clearance, and I don't know where I'd be able to get that fitting either. Thanks guys, I really appreciate it in advanced, and here's a pic to maybe clarify it a little bit better.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2010, 06:18 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Oh dang. You might be better off just putting a fitting in there to a push lock or barbed fitting, then running hose to bridge the gap. Or all the way down to where you can make a solid connection.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:16 PM

Im not real sure of what you mean.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:44 AM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Looks like your line is kinked. If you can get the remaining threads out take the bowl to a speed shop or someplace that has fittings and hose. Find a fitting that will thread into the bowl and has barbed fittings on the other end for 3/8 id hose. Cut the old fuel line before the kink, slide some 3/8 id hose over it with a pair of clamps and connect the other end of the hose to the barbed fitting on the fuel bowl. Be sure to get a fuel line that is compatible with diesel and clean the hard line where you make the joint.

You may need a smaller hose and barbed fitting if that is the return line.

Alternatively, you can ditch the fuel bowl.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Yea just bridge the gap with a soft hose if you don't wanna go to the trouble of flaring and all that stuff. Temporarily of course.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

This same thing just happened on my truck too. I couldnt get the broken part out of the fitting on the fuel line so I got a new fuel line. I got the old one out but now I cant get the new lines back in. Has anyone ever done this before and know any tips on how to get the lines back in. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.