Once again, on the side of the road needing help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2010, 11:13 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Once again, on the side of the road needing help

I was able to make it to a exit with a decent signal and use my phone to post this. My truck is no guest to problems, and this newest one....
About a week ago I noticed a slight power loss and thought I may need to change my oil. Last nite I upgraded to RP 15w40. Still felt weaker. I cleaned my filter really well with airhose, with no change. This morning was a little worse. SES light was coming on under hard throttle around 75 or so. Next errend and 60, next errand 50. So I then changed prepump filter and motor filter. Tried to head to house and can't get over 30-40. I have done hutch mod, so filter in tank is removed and flowing. Prepump filter new and flowing and I checked fuel bowl and pump is refilling bowl, so that should cancel out everything before fuel bowl.

The mechanic I thought was awesome has taken me for a $2000 ride and times have gotten rough around the house. Please help.

PS it will rev out in park to 3200 toms with a little hesitation but it sounds fine until a load is placed on it?!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2010, 02:23 PM

Got a ride from buddy to get gooseneck. Truck will barely run and idle sounds horrible. Turns over fine but sounds like u know what! Please help
Old 10-05-2010, 08:13 PM
addicted to diesel

start checking things in the oil system. this ones free unplug the icp sensor and fire it up, uplugging that will put the computer into a default psi. if it runs fine with that unplugged you found the prob. another sign of a bad icp sensor is if there is oil in it, that means the icp is leaking and needs replacing. the other things you need a good scan tool like AE to watch the ipr duty cycle and what your biulding for pressure with the hpop. also check to see how full the hpo reservoir is, it should be pretty close to the top.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:12 AM

Highraven. I'm gonna start with ur tip this. I'm n a '07 CTD, runs awesome but doesn't compare to a big ole super duty with a hopped up 7.3!
Old 10-06-2010, 04:15 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Check fuel pressure
Old 10-08-2010, 05:43 PM

Ok guys, I did find out problem is tempature sensitive. Once motor is at op temp, bad idle begins and slowly but surely gets worse. Power loss is progressive as well. It will run strong at first, but it will get so weak it won't even shift right. As idle worsens it also has a knock that u can faintly hear.
It's at dealer now and they said yday it wasn't running funny, but I told em it had to be warm. So today they got it to act up and said it would be about 2200, in tank filters are clogged.... Mmmm!?! That's funny, I did the hutch mod two mtgs ago when the first mechanic shafted me. Serv advisor said he misunderstood tech and there's a restriction between prepump filter and tank!

I'm getting my trk monday when they open. I checked uvc plugs, icp, ipr, and dealer scanned it. No codes. Please help!!!?!!!
Old 10-11-2010, 05:37 AM

I guess no one has ever had these symptoms before. Sorry for bothering for help
Old 10-11-2010, 08:39 AM
Premium Member

I am not unwilling to help, I'm just stoopid about your problem

GL with your issue and post up what the problem turns out to be...
Old 10-11-2010, 04:36 PM

Got it fixed guys. Went to dealer this morn and diagnosis sad 20 psi fuel pressure. Problem should be b/t tank and prepump filter.... And the dealer was right...somewhat. Dropped tank only to find 3/8 pickup line was pinched, with a nice little leak I noticed some days ago but thought it was from over filling. Went to the local hose shop and they made me a new braided line on the tank end.. For free! Put her back to gather and still sounds horrible, really worse! Tried unplugging the icp and she purrrrrrrred just right.
I hope this post helps someone out in the near future
Old 10-15-2010, 04:42 AM

Man this is awesome. Glad I read before posting. I am on the side of the road with EXACT same problem. Hope the icp is it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.