Ugh.......... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2010, 08:29 AM
Emergency Services

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ugh..........

So I still haven't fixed the issues in the other threads I've started. Every diesel shop in the area is 2 weeks out before they can get my truck in the shop. Yesterday it was a balmy 55 degrees when I left work at 6pm here in Missouri. I had to drive across town to band practice. I started the truck and waited a few minutes before I left to build a little heat. It felt like it missed all the way to practice, then home, then to work this morning. If you floored it, it would clear up around 2,300-2,500rpms, about the same time it started making boost. I'm starting to wonder if the guy I got the truck from lied to me about draining the bowl and changing the filter. Could this be caused by water getting through to the motor??? Any ideas???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2010, 04:52 PM
Emergency Services

I was just going through my phone and happened across a video I recorded yesterday that i forgot about. I wish I could post it from my phone. I recorded my truck from a dead stop until the phone quit recording after 15 seconds. I had just hit 40mph at the end of the video. lol. I'm telling you, guys, it's slow. And it's my daily driver so any help is much appreciated.
Old 09-28-2010, 06:46 AM
Emergency Services

I guess I'll end up answering my own questions. Any ideas? I pulled the plug off of the MAP sensor to check it out and it seemed clean/new. When I pushed it back on I noticed that it went up onto the MAP sensor plug close to 1/2 an inch farther than where it was when I pulled it off. It feels like part throttle response is better now and it seemed to run a tad better. I got 15.2 mpgs out of it on my 30 mile trip to work this morning instead of 13.6mpg according to the overhead. I've also noticed that it's running alot rougher around 1,500rpms than when I first picked it up. Anything below or above that isn't bad. Especially when it engages overdrive around 1,500rpms. It's like riding a bull when the cruise tries to accelerate at that rpm. Any ideas?
Old 09-28-2010, 03:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

by no means, do i think, i know whats goin on, only advise i'd say, is start with the easy stuff. Make sure fuel tank is atleast 1/2 fuel, and install new fuel filter.

From owning my 1st S/D, a little over a month, i've learned alot, from here and other forums. Use the "search" tab, type in some "causes", and see whats goin on. A good check, and easy to do, is make sure your GP and inj. are within ohms....
Old 09-28-2010, 03:52 PM
Emergency Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyboy76 View Post
by no means, do i think, i know whats goin on, only advise i'd say, is start with the easy stuff. Make sure fuel tank is atleast 1/2 fuel, and install new fuel filter.

From owning my 1st S/D, a little over a month, i've learned alot, from here and other forums. Use the "search" tab, type in some "causes", and see whats goin on. A good check, and easy to do, is make sure your GP and inj. are within ohms....
I'm going to clean the ebp sensor and tube tonight. Tomorrow I'm going to a buddies shop and change the oil, oil filter, and fuel filter and have him help me with some troubleshooting. Hopefully it's something stupid and simple. I haven't unplugged the wastegate yet because I'm not sure I know where it's at.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:53 PM
Emergency Services

Quote:
Use the "search" tab, type in some "causes", and see whats goin on.
I've tried that and I keep coming up with the same threads which aren't threads about my problem, but threads where the word has been mentioned before.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:57 PM

the red line/wire, going to the turbo, but i'd leave that for now, til more experienced members chime in.

I'm a believer in "preventative" maintenence, a grand later, and now a hobby, i'm digging it.

I'd do the gp/inj test, easy to do, if you got a multimeter, takes 10-20 minutes. It'll tell you alot, on whats goin on under the valves.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:01 PM

Have you checked the filters even though they were "changed" ? Also, attach the video in a text message to your email address, then download it on your computer, then post it up for us to see.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:13 PM
Emergency Services

Quote:
the red line/wire, going to the turbo, but i'd leave that for now, til more experienced members chime in.

I'm a believer in "preventative" maintenence, a grand later, and now a hobby, i'm digging it.

I'd do the gp/inj test, easy to do, if you got a multimeter, takes 10-20 minutes. It'll tell you alot, on whats goin on under the valves.
I had a guy do a buzz test the other day and all of them passed, but I'll check them with a multi.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:23 PM
Emergency Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerhoghp View Post
Have you checked the filters even though they were "changed" ? Also, attach the video in a text message to your email address, then download it on your computer, then post it up for us to see.
No I haven't. I'm going to change the filters tomorrow. It does have a K&N which I'm throwing away tonight and replacing with a Wix. I keep trying to text the video to my photobucket account, but it keeps saying exceeds maximum file size when I hit send. Apparently my phone won't send files bigger than x amount.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.