09-03-2010, 04:43 PM
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Monument, CO
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2000 F250 7.3L Loss of power. 181K miles
10/31 - Brand new Ford tranny. Laramie, WY
9/1 - fishing around Saratoga, WY
9/2 - Hook up 36' 5th Wheel, head for home (Monument, CO)
- Saratoga to I-70. No problems.
- I-70 to Cheyenne, WY. No problems.
- I-25 to Denver, CO. No problems.
- I-25, Thornton, CO. ~3 mi stop & go. No problems.
- I-25 to Monument, CO. No problems.
- I-25 exit @ Monument to within 1 Mi of home (4 mi up and down rolling hills). No problems.
- Roller Coaster Rd through Kings Deer. Lost power on first hill (not particularly steep or long).
- Managed to get rig off road (engine running, but coasting backwards without power).
- Lifted 5th wheel from hitch and separated.
- Very little power, but enough to continue through Kings Deer and get home (~1 mi).
9/3 - Started, but no power
Question - Any thoughts on what the problem might be and could it be related to the new tranny?
Last edited by coz1140; 09-04-2010 at 07:25 AM.
Reason: Add Engine & mileage