ebpv mod turns to epic failure - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2010, 07:46 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ebpv mod turns to epic failure

My ebpv has been acting up so I did some research and found that it is popular to remove it from the pedistal. I pull the turbo out and gut the pedistal and removed the butterfly out of the exhaust port. As I pull the turbo out, I noticed a ton of soot all over my passenger side up pipe, firewall, and down pipe. I talk to a buddy of mine who is also a member of the ORG and he instructed me on how to change the up pipe donuts. So this morning I went and got the oem donuts from ford. As I got started on taking the adapter flange off where the up pipes connect, the first bolt snapped, the second bolt snapped, the third one came out, and the last one snapped. This motor is a reman with less than 50k. the up pipes look like new. What the heck??? So, I had to order a new flange from Ford at the tune of 105 bucks with my buddies discount. what sucks is I spent hours trying to drill out the broken bolts but when I was tapping them, I accidentally broke the tap off in the last hole and couldn't get it out no matter what. I lost my cool and destroyed the flange. Oh well, hopefully those up pipes stay sealed for a couple years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2010, 08:42 PM

thats a sad story.. kind of sounds like my projects.. i just wanted to put an exhaust bracket back on my truck. a job that was suppose to take 15 mins turned into an hour and a fit haha. it also made me realize that the engineers at ford are bastards. the procedure to remove the spare tire is just a pain in the *** to me. i hate that set up.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:43 PM

sweet color scheme on your truck.. i dig it
Old 08-11-2010, 08:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

My oil change the other night turned into an epic 3 hour battle including a couple of 25 mile trips to the nearest walmart (joys of living in a small west Texas town) for a filter wrench and an extra gallon of oil after I spilled my new filter that was full of oil all over my chest and had to mangle the baked on oil filter to remove it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.