A/C Compressor Help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2010, 03:20 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
A/C Compressor Help

this is pretty basic: ac didn't blow cold so i bought a couple cans to recharge it. opened up the hood and found that the ac compressor was not plugged in. i noticed that the plug on the harness and the plug for the compressor did not match. i went to ford to see about getting a plug to match and they can not find one that matches. they have no clue where the ac compressor came from and don't have any idea which one they need to order. they said i can just bring it in and they'll find one but i refuse to pay $88/hr, which is what they charge, for them to keep guessing as to which one fits. so i'm hoping you guys can help me find out where this compressor came from and what plug i need. just a side not too, i know it's the compressor that is foreign. i've looked at several trucks to verify the harness plug and it's stock. i was just making sure it wasn't a different harness.

the part number on the ac compressor is 1C2H-190629-CE, it's a square plug with two male prongs. it appears i would need a square two cavity female plug of some sort.

thanks again guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2010, 06:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

just a thought... what year is your truck? i replaced my compressor earlier this year, and the way the mounts are designed on these units, they are pretty much vehicle specific. i would assume maybe a different year model, maybe the harness plug changed with bodystyle change.... good luck! keep us posted.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:41 PM

Mine is an '01 but I also checked an '99 and '02 and the dealership checked an '04 and '05 with no luck. They also checked the excursions to rule them out as well. All of the above use a rectangular style plug. The only thing I can think is maybe an earlier style 7.3. I don't know though. I'll get a pic tomorrow and post it. There has to be a plug that fits it, I'm just hoping someone from here recognizes it and can tell me exactly where it came from before paying ford to do it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.