Error code p1211 - please translate - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2006, 01:18 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Error code p1211 - please translate

I had the Service Engine light come on the other day and found a p1211 error with no pending codes. Can someone translate this for me? I found the following information at www.intellidog.com/dieselmann:
2003 F-Series and Excursion Long Crank When Hot and/or Code P1211:
Some 2003 7.3's may exhibit a long crank time when hot and/or trouble code P1211 (ICP pressure above or below expected) during a hard acceleration. This may be due to the high pressure oil pump. To test the engine needs to be warmed up to operating temperature (engine oil temp above 170 degrees). Perform a hard acceleration while monitoring ICP and IPR data. The IPR duty cycle should not exceed 50%. A lower than normal ICP reading or higher than normal IPR reading may indicate oil leakage in the head. Each head should be isolated and the high oil pressure checked in each, looking for an imbalance in pressure. If the pressure in the heads are the same and the IPR duty cycle is above 55% under load, and the ICP pressure builds slowly while cranking, replace the HP oil pump. Broadcast Message 3837.
Note: Air in the HP oil system or a faulty IPR valve can cause similar symptoms. High ICP and IPR may indicate a fuel delivery problem. If the high oil pressure is lower in one head, suspect injector o-rings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2006, 02:07 PM
Power Strokeaholic

my book says almost the same thing. "P1211-ICP Not controllable- pressure above/below desired." i suggest waitin on marc. hes got a shop manual in his mind some how and he can help ya..
Old 04-17-2006, 04:17 PM
Banned

that code is thrown when the ICP signal detects the high pressure oil pressure above or below expected value. it could be due to a lot of things....low could be a leak in the system at some point......which would usually result in a hard or no start hot.......high could be a stuck IPR valve...thats the valve that controlls the pressure. it would be virtually impossible to diagnose this concern without the factory test equipment or equivilant, high dollar equipment......take it in and have it looked at.......Marc
Old 04-17-2006, 06:44 PM

I have an Auto Xray analyser and can capture Freeze Frame data also. Would that help?
Old 04-17-2006, 08:03 PM
Banned

u know....i wasnt paying attention....i saw that code....and assumed it was a 6.0....lol.....yea...some freeze frame data would be great......it would let me know if the ICP pressure is high or low...then we could look at some things from there..........Marc
Old 04-18-2006, 04:24 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
When the code happened where you getting on it real hard?
Old 04-18-2006, 08:09 AM

I just talked to my daughter, who was driving it this time, and yes it was under hard acceleration with the Edge on level 4 (Race). I showed her how to change the settings and I guess she likes to go fast also. She just turned 21 this last weekend and my truck has a bit more than her S10!
Old 04-18-2006, 12:52 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardket
I just talked to my daughter, who was driving it this time, and yes it was under hard acceleration with the Edge on level 4 (Race). I showed her how to change the settings and I guess she likes to go fast also. She just turned 21 this last weekend and my truck has a bit more than her S10!
Prolly nothing to worry about, its just the stock ad injectors killing your hpop on the extreme setting. Generally happens to stock trucks in the burns calling for alot of fuel.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'm having this issue too, under hard acceleration. I'm thinking about changing injectors pretty soon. What type would you recommend to fix this problem?
Old 11-18-2010, 08:02 AM
Dieselis' Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetpavement View Post
I'm having this issue too, under hard acceleration. I'm thinking about changing injectors pretty soon. What type would you recommend to fix this problem?

wow, You dug up an Old thread.

2 Points for 4 year old thread.

3 three points for a poster that was banned in it

If your changing out injectors go with a Hybrid they use less oil to fire and it should solve your problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.