Check Engine light - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2006, 03:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy Check Engine light

OK everyone, I have a little problem. The check engine light came on in my 2001 PSD, and the throttle did not work. It would idle but nothing else. I will have to wait till Saturday to pull any codes. ALSO, there is a rumbling noise on the right side about where the turbo is located. No noise at idle, only going down the road. The truck runs great. Any ideas ? Please ? Help ?

Gary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2006, 04:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grease Spot
OK everyone, I have a little problem. The check engine light came on in my 2001 PSD, and the throttle did not work. It would idle but nothing else. I will have to wait till Saturday to pull any codes. ALSO, there is a rumbling noise on the right side about where the turbo is located. No noise at idle, only going down the road. The truck runs great. Any ideas ? Please ? Help ?

Gary
check your inside fuse panel....let me know if fuse 19 (10 amp fuse) is blown....if it is do not replace it...the new one will blow too..........Marc
Old 04-06-2006, 04:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Check Engine Light

I will have to check it out, but what is that particular fuse for ? That way I amy be able to check out something for the problem. Thanks
Old 04-06-2006, 04:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
I will have to check it out, but what is that particular fuse for ? That way I amy be able to check out something for the problem. Thanks
that fuse controlls a lot of things....but it controlls the overdrive cancel button on your shifter knob.....the wires can fray and cause an arking...which blows the fuse and creates this problem......Marc
Old 04-06-2006, 04:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

check engine light

Thanks Marc, I will check it out tomorrow after I get home from work. At least that gives me something to look at till I get to my friends shop to check any codes. Any ideas about the rumbling noise on the right side ? Sound like its under the dash where the turbo is. thanks
Old 04-06-2006, 04:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Thanks Marc, I will check it out tomorrow after I get home from work. At least that gives me something to look at till I get to my friends shop to check any codes. Any ideas about the rumbling noise on the right side ? Sound like its under the dash where the turbo is. thanks
could have an exhaust leak starting at the y pipe....or it could be an exhaust hanger has come loose and the exhaust is vibrating against something.......
Old 04-13-2006, 02:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Check Engine Light

Just a little FYI on the "check engine light" problem. The code came up po221 which was the accelerator pedal sensor. But I guess I can not just buy the sensor. I have to get the whole pedal assembly. Oh well, I need it I guess and its $130 from the dealer. Has anyone else had this sensor go out ?
Old 04-13-2006, 04:23 PM
Power Strokeaholic

if your setup with pay-pal, try these guy's. it'll only save ya 10-buck's. but hey 10-buck's is 10-buck's. or alot more with these guy's. check the part # to make sure if you go with them thou. just a few helpful link's.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:13 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Red face

Hey Greasy Spot! Just going through old posting looking for the same engine code! Consider yourself lucky! My truck just went out with the same code and the assembly is listed by the dealer at $850.00

My friend using his shop discount can get it down to $450.00. Can you tell me your supplier?

Bcrow@newhopetel.net Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.