hesitation/surging/bucking 2001 F250 7.3L 4x4 - Page 9 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2010, 07:08 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hey guys,
just wanted to make sure that I let everyone know that my truck wasn't fix by the HPOP, after i changed that i got it started but i ended having more problems, so I said F-it and took it to the dealer. It ended up being my #4 injector was leaking and causing low oil pressure on that side of the motor. so don't spend 500.00 on a HPOP like I did unless you know for sure, I had a ford guy tell me after some testing that he was sure it was the HPOP. some times it's just easyer to take it in, as much as we hate to do it. it cost me 1,100.00 for the injector and a coolant temp sensor and labor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2010, 08:44 AM
Chapter Director

Thats what im thinking mine is too because ive been noticing a little oil/fuel seeping out the valve cover so when i pull the VC off to change GPs i will check the injectors orings etc
Old 08-25-2010, 10:21 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dray8165 View Post
If I were betting on it, I would bet you've got one or more injector o-rings out.
Well I be - way back on page 1 - guess I win the prize.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:41 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

My 2002 f250 with the 7.3l started to do the sputtering and the surging... and i just change the oil and for the first time i added the lucas oil treament.. and then the promblem started.. change the oil without the lucas stuff... all goood..... so far it hasnt done it... so hopefully that was the problem...
Old 09-23-2010, 10:55 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

hey guys just though i would add some of my problem and things i have done to the list.. problem ruff idle and shaking bucking at 1200-2100 rpm range. i changed oil changed hpop and ipr. i then changed injectors harness and plugs. problem has gotten better but i still some times get a little shuddering around 1800rpm but it might be from air in the oil rails. ill post when i bleed oil rains and drive again
Old 09-23-2010, 12:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

The air will work out of the rail, but will take some aggressive driving to do so...

I just got done rebuilding my engine, and in the process replaced cam sensor, ipr, uvc harnesses, alternator, Engine running like a top.

Last edited by Dumz1; 09-24-2010 at 07:30 AM.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:03 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

well the air worked out and the motor is running great now but i have a different vibration now. seems on top of my injectors being junk my carrier bearing is junk to. now to try and find what one fits they list like 5 and last time i had to go back 3 times till i was able to get the old one off and bring it in
Old 01-25-2011, 05:17 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Hey SpectreZ91, what happened, did you fix it?

Don't u just love it when someone keeps the thread going for 9 pages and then never posts the solution.

My 2000 Excursion has been doing this for over a year and is gradually getting worst. Another thread says it is the TPS but a new one made it worse.

It stumbles between 1300 - 1800 and it is worse when cold. More throttle and it smooths out. Could that be injector o-rings, which seems to be the conscience here.

Sure would be nice if someone that has fixed this problem would post a solution.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:28 AM
Chapter Director

Just fixed mine last week. It was the under valve cover harness. Truck was only running on 6 cy
Old 01-25-2011, 05:41 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeride707 View Post
Just fixed mine last week. It was the under valve cover harness. Truck was only running on 6 cy
How did you determine the harness was bad? Did you replace o-rings?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.