loss of all power - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2010, 02:44 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to 1BAD99
loss of all power

ok guys here goes. so randomly my truck will all of a sudden lose power. shell be running fine and then i notice that it seems to start to chug a bit and wont boost. this happens randomly so i cant exactly pin point anything specific that happens before it starts. yesterday it was so bad that the truck couldnt get me past 30mph and was just chugging and running like hell. i had my buddy scan it with his superchip and the only codes im getting are p1000 and p0603. this is driving me nuts guys so pleeeeease help. ive seen some posts about icp and cam position sensor. can anybody give me a little more info about these or point me in the direction of a post about them. this problem first occured a couple weeks after my truck ran out of gas on me. i changed the fuel filter shortly after but the problem still is there. thanks in advance guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2010, 03:01 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
well stop putting gas in your truck! lol jk
anyway check your ICP sensor i'd say its bad.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:03 PM

lol touche. sorry for the ignorance but can you tell me more about this icp, for instance do i need to get this from ford? can i swap it myself? etc etc
Old 04-11-2010, 03:31 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

P1000 Monitor Checks Not Complete-More Driving Required
P0603 Internal Control Module KAM Error

KAM is keep alive memory, that combined with your first code would tell me the batteries were off shortly before the codes were read

ICP is the injector control pressure sensor - it is located on the inner aspect of the front driver's side head - three wire connector. If you unplug it the next time your motor is acting up, and everything gets better - you've nailed it. The PCM (powertrain control module) will use a default value allowing the truck to run. You can get the ICP from Ford, although you could get better prices on e-bay. A five year old can change it - lefty loosey - righty tighty is all you need to know.

Edit: another thought - if you ran out of fuel, you may have picked up the dreggs at the bottom of your tank, clogging the screen on your fuel pick up, or one of the screens in the mixer - that will leave you with low fuel pressure, which could also cause the problems you are describing. You could put a fuel pressure gauge on (there are two plugs on the fuel filter assembly that are commonly used ports) or you could just drop your tank and clean it up.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:48 PM

awesome. im pretty good mechanically so i don't think ill have any probs changing it. as always thanks guys. youve been a world of help. hopefully the icp is all it is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.