99 7.3 Loss of Power and SES - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2010, 08:31 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
99 7.3 Loss of Power and SES

Ok guys, I have now changed the injector and the truck runs great, without a load. We started towing for the season last weekend, we tow loads that are 5k-14k never had a problem. Now, when we hit hills it drops speed and chugs its way up the hill and on the highway we cannot get above 60 miles an hour. It seems like the transmission isn't shifting in or the turbo isn't kicking on.... I don't really think either of those things are the problem.... Any ideas??? Will the CPS do this if its bad? Keep in mind the truck runs AWESOME without a load.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2010, 08:33 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

My original posting was this:

My truck is a 1999 F350 7.3 Diesel for a little while my SES light was intermittently flickering and not often, but when it would flicker the motor would choke back a little. We figured it needed a service. Last week on my to school the light came on solid. The truck wasn't the same when I got out of school. I started it up and the SES light remained on the truck would not accelerate above 10-30 and the rpms topped out at 2000-2500. The oil has been changed the fuel filter has been changed the batteries starter and alternator are new it has been treated with diesel 911 and the high pressure fuel pump has been replaced.
The truck is getting fuel to the filter but acts as if it is getting none..

The cam shaft sensor has been replaced a year ago due to the ford recall. Ive seen on some forums that this is a possible problem.. Is it possible for the replaced one to fail so soon?

Ive also been told it is possible for the ses light to be on due to a diesels version of the map sensor??

Im hoping someone will have some ideas as I'm not quite in the money right now. Our business structly operates in the summer time at the moment and winter months are not easy for things like this...

Since then we have done this:

p0237 p0340
p1690 p0237
p1670 p1211
p1316 p0732
p0470 p0720
p0340 p1277
p0279
I was told some of these codes may go away though when some stuff is fixed i know that one of these coeds is inj #7 sensor #1 and camshaft sensor code..... The camshaft I had replaced in 08 cause it was recalled.... Is it normal for it to go again?
Old 04-11-2010, 09:22 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

did u put new o-rings on the injector when u replaced it.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

The injector was replaced by a Mechanic, not DIY, so I would assume yes... I just removed the EBP sensor and tube and sensor are clogged beyo9nd cleaning. Need to replace, going to do that this week already have it half taken apart. Hopefully this is my problem.

Also removed air to Turbo wheel is turning tubes have a little oil in them and sleeves have a little play but no cracking or holes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.