Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Not your normal starting issues...please help

817 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  harperc 
#1 ·
Hi all, I have a 99 f250 with 212000 miles on her, and she is giving me an issue with cold engine block starting. I bought the truck 6 months ago, and have been going over it completely to try and make it a daily driver. I have replaced all 8 glow plugs (bosch) and the gpr, they are working fine. I have replaced the cps, the ipr valve, and the icp sensor, all of which needed done. I have also cleaned the tube for the exhaust backpressure sensor if that matters. The truck has all new oil and filters. The truck still refuses to start without plugging it in though, even in 65 degree weather. I am confused what to look at next. Any ideas?:dunno:

#3 ·
hard starts

Just went thur this on my truck with 198K. Mine was bad injectors and one cracked injector cup. If you plug it in it will fire right up and starts with no problems the rest of the day. Not sure where you are but Swamps are great guys to deal with. They rebuild and test their injectors in house. Give Dave a call and he can hook you up. Hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.