Another loss of boost question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2010, 05:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Another loss of boost question

I had someone bring over a 2002 7.3 that started making a horn like sound under heavy acceleration. The truck has a TS Perf 6pos chip, 4" exhaust w/muffler delete, air filter mod, and guages. It will not build more than 12 psi boost at full throttle (half of what it was), and the EGT's are going up too fast with all the fuel. I checked all intercooler boots and connections. The MAP sensor hose is okay and when you shut off the truck you can hear the turbo spooling down as it did before this issue started. The loud horn like sound at full throttle appears to come from the middle of the firewall area under the hood. Is it a wastegate issue? I am at a loss..........thanks for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2010, 06:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Anybody????? What is the best way to check the wastegate and if it is the problem? I would assume from the noticeble sound (inside the cab and standing in the driveway when someone drives it down the street) that the boost pressure is forcing a leak or blow by somewhere??? Thanks if someone can help out!!
Old 03-31-2010, 09:06 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I would check the exhaust from the manifolds to the turbo. It sounds to me as if you are loosing drive pressur.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.