Cant figure out dtc - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2006, 10:30 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cant figure out dtc

All right my dumba$$ ran outta fuel tonight on the way to the diesel station. Called roadside service, made it to the fuel station filled up then my check engine light came on. I checked the codes and came up with 6 DTC's. I was able to find 5 of them. The one that stumped me was P1249. 2 of the codes deal with the ABS but I knew about that, 1 was P0238 which is turbo boost sensor A circut low (dont know what that means) next is P0344 which is camshaft position sensor circut intermittent (I know what this means). Last is P0470 Exhaust pressure sensor malfunction (dont know what that means). Now for my question, will running out of fuel cause air in the lines and make all these codes come up or am I gonna have to pay for a bunch of sensors. Maybe Marc will chime in and let me know what all the ones I dont know mean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2006, 05:27 AM
Banned

running out of fuel can cause all kinds of strange codes in these man......here is the 1249

P1249 Waste gate steady state failure GND short, plugged hose/port, solenoid, actuator

if i was you i would disconnect your battery cables for a while today and get rid of those codes and then see if any come back.......Marc
Old 03-31-2006, 07:54 AM

Cool Codes

I agree totally with Marc. I chase my youngest around with a fuel can all the time. We use the programer to clear the codes. Most of the time the Superduty will clear itself after a few run cycles. My Excursion won't. If I get happy with the HP I can set all the bells and whistles off. They shure chug hard when there pushing out the air!
Old 03-31-2006, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredpowestroke
All right my dumba$$ ran outta fuel tonight on the way to the diesel station. Called roadside service, made it to the fuel station filled up then my check engine light came on. I checked the codes and came up with 6 DTC's. I was able to find 5 of them. The one that stumped me was P1249. 2 of the codes deal with the ABS but I knew about that, 1 was P0238 which is turbo boost sensor A circut low (dont know what that means) next is P0344 which is camshaft position sensor circut intermittent (I know what this means). Last is P0470 Exhaust pressure sensor malfunction (dont know what that means). Now for my question, will running out of fuel cause air in the lines and make all these codes come up or am I gonna have to pay for a bunch of sensors. Maybe Marc will chime in and let me know what all the ones I dont know mean.
How hard was your rig to start after running her out of fuel? Hopefully I'll never have to deal with that, but I'm curious nonetheless.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:14 PM

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
Yeah for real, there's been times that i've been running for a long, long time on the low fuel light....luckily i've managed to avoid this situation you're describing!
Old 04-01-2006, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Smokin73Stroker
Yeah for real, there's been times that i've been running for a long, long time on the low fuel light....luckily i've managed to avoid this situation you're describing!
I know when I test drove mine, I didn't get a mile away from the dealership when the low fuel light came on. Every dealership I have been to keeps very little fuel in their vehicles. I assume they do this to keep the fuel from going bad if they set on the lot too long. I always worry that condensation will build up and start rusting things. Glad our rigs have plastic tanks
Old 04-01-2006, 06:39 AM

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
Yeah I test drove an 03 cobra one time and practically coasted into the lot at the dealer. I wasn't puttin gas in it on my dime!
Old 04-02-2006, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeno
How hard was your rig to start after running her out of fuel? Hopefully I'll never have to deal with that, but I'm curious nonetheless.
I cranked for about 20 seconds and it started right up.But now when I get on it from a dead stop it dies for a second kinda like if turn the key off then turn it right back on.
Old 04-02-2006, 08:53 AM
Banned

lil red.....go get on the hiway and run the heck out of it.......get all that air worked out of those lines and that should cure the hesitation.......Marc
Old 04-02-2006, 06:26 PM

Thats kinda what I hoped. I cleared the codes and havent had the light come on as of yet. I've had the baby with me for the past couple of days and haven't really had a chance to get on it too much. But on the way to work tommarrow I will definatly have more than enough time to stay in it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.